Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An Bord Pleanála

• 13-01-2022 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Recently got approved for planning by my County council with one objection to it. The person who objected has Since raised to and Bord pleanala over an Acess road. The Decision date is mid April does anyone have knowledge if it can be decided before this date. I have read online it may take longer than this. Anybody have any insights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,811 ✭✭✭✭muffler

That is the earliest date you will receive a determination. There is no facility to bring forward the dates.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

There is no statutory time limit for An Bord Pleanala to make a decisions. As far as I am aware....at least they used to....they say that they try and deal with cases/make decisions within 4 months.

In the past I did get one decision in 3 months while another case (not at same time) took 18 months to get a decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Happen to us over 12 years ago, delayed the building for over 2 years. It was a blessing, as the heat had came out of the boom. Lead to our build cost halving.

Personally I have the same feeling at the moment with the construction sector and the world economy. Namely inflation will be unsustainable, what goes up must come down. If you can sit it out for a bit of time it could be worthwhile. That my 2cents

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

My 18 month case was back around 2006. It was for 3 houses for a small developer. Decision came in 2008. By that time the developer was bust!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,201 ✭✭✭✭Penn

While the Councils have timeframes they have to adhere to, ABP are able to push the decision out as long as they want. They endeavour to make the decision by the 6 month mark, which means you could get the decision a week or two before that, but chances are it'll be 6 months if it's a fairly easy decision to make, and longer if it's complicated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement