Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

221 - any pics of new cars ?

• 05-01-2022 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Usually there is a thread on this - I know there was 2 in the thread about the Laois guy who gets a car on the 1st each year .

so anyone any pics of 221 cars ? Iv only seen a few from Connollys on their Instagram.

i must say stock appears very low in lots of garages - normally garages would have a lot in waiting for plates but this year it appears there will be even longer waits

so any pics - anything interesting ? Anyone waiting on anything nice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭zg3409

• Registered Users Posts: 11,458 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 11,458 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes very quiet this year. I thought about starting a thread but thought one would be started soon so did not bother.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭GusGus

I saw a good few in Galway today - Corolla in bog spec - few nice Mercs .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Spotted this yesterday...

Edit, not sure how I rotate an image....

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Saw 221 D 611 yesterday a G Wagen, lovely car will try get pick from dashcam

Make & Model MERCEDES BENZ G Description400 D 5DR AUTO

Engine Capacity2925

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

Replacing my wifes 2019 Velar... P400e this time .. great job so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Lofidelity

Today i seen another 221 G wagen. I went on carzone to see what kind of money they are -€280k! And thats a diesel not a G63.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭goochy

Bradys sold a white G400D assume thats the one ? Think it's a bit tacky in white . They are very pricey in UK also and hold their value well.

Regarding velar . Aside from hybrid what are changes in 2022 velar

Digital Instrument Cluster

Pivi Pro System with wireless android auto / apple Carplay

360 Degree Cameras instead of reversing alone

Cheap Road Tax and 10% insurance reduction :)))

the quietness and the power is the big thing ... the 180 was powerful enough with young kids in the car

but was a noisy enough old yoke when trying to take off or pass out

JLr are really struggling for parts at the moment so if you order now ,they dont have the chips for

Digital Instrument cluster ,360 camera or even a spare key... you dont get any reduction in price either for doing without these features.

I got a new defender in September and still no spare key but trade ins are massive at the moment which makes up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Not very exciting, but the mothership waiting to be collected this morning.

Was reg'd a few days ago i think, so not an indication of ww numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

No pics, so apologies in advance, but I've seen three 221 cars around Waterford since the start of the year:

• White Transit (Connect?) van (the small one)
    • White Mazda MX-30 (looks great, but short electric range means we probably won't see many of them)
    • Dark Mazda 6

• Registered Users Posts: 13,948 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭sk8board

Those options are added to your 221 or taken away because of chip shortage?

great looking car, well wear.

was just remarking yesterday that I haven’t seen a single 221 yet, bar a dealer Kia EV6, and I’m out on Dublin commuter roads every day.

the New Year’s Day bank holiday being the Monday 3rd, might’ve meant the first day was the 4th

Thank You

These options are now present in the car i picked up on 04/01/22 (which was ordered 15/05/21) ,that were not present in the 191 velar i traded

Digital Instrument Cluster

Pivi Pro System with wireless android auto / apple Carplay

360 Degree Cameras instead of reversing alone

Cheap Road Tax and 10% insurance reduction

... If ordering a velar now or presumably a car that is in the system and hasnt been built yet , you currently will not have digital dash,360 cameras or spare key due to chip shortage and no discount off the price either for doing without.

Post edited by gearoidol on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

No picture as I was driving, a 221 Audi e-tron GT was behind me leaving Intel the other day. Starting price of €108k. Nice to see something new that isn't a crossover!

im 100% serious ,no retrofit later ...

in the uk and us guys are trading in 6-12 month old defenders and making 20k due to the waiting list

have a look at the market adjustment dealers are adding to new cars in the states its mental...

• Advertisement

Ya, spoke to LR two weeks ago, they will give me almost what I paid a year ago for RR Sport PHEV.

Yeah,they were 96k for a while last year ,up to 108k now ,,, new model on the way ,presume they will go up mad judging by the price of the full size RR.

i see one JLR garage has one of the new RR on the way 235k with the D250 engine :(

Much prefer an X5 to RR sport , never fan of them - design too cluttered - not clean at all.

Ya I get what you mean, having driven both I much prefer the drive/cabin/comfort of the RR though. The screens/instrument cluster and seats in the RR are far more impressive than the generic BMW X5 which is pretty much the same as a 3 series except higher up.

The one drawback of the RRs I have experienced is their reliability. Whilst I have had no problems with my RRS, I previously had new Discoverys which spent quite a bit of time in the garage, mostly with electrical problems.

huge fan of previous model Discoveries and all Fullfat Range rovers , but is it just me who finds the RR Sport design not very elegant / fussy . Just lacking class .

Again, I know exactly what you mean. The Discos are fantastic, the newer version takes a while to get used to due to the complete design change from boxy to a rounder shape. They are rugged, but I didn’t find them that comfortable. I do miss that big boot though. The RRS does look a bit dated now and is due for an upgrade later this year or next, I would expect it to be sleeker/more sporty than the current model. But goochy the comfort and drive is something else and the 404bp engine in the PHEV does shift when it is charged and you put the foot down. The new full fat hybrid will be here later this year and it is getting great reviews, I’m waiting to see what the sticker price is with the lower VRT than the current new models available, the dealers aren’t giving details yet.

Strange that it's mostly passenger discovery and defenders being bought here . Buyers don't seem to be willing to pay the passenger prices for them and it's not like there's not plenty who could afford them

Sorry that should have said mostly commercial versions being bought

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Cilar

What type of idiot buy a brand new 221 that does not have a plug?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Anyone who doesn't trust the Government to compensate for the stress that data centres and the non-replacement of peat fired stations are putting on the national grid, for one.

A stress on the system that will only increase the more people buy EVs!

Why in hell would anyone pay a 15 to 20% premium for a family car just because its electric. My missus has her Rav4 self-charging hybrid, nice little runaround, low emissions, impeccably reliable and resale value doesn't matter cos I'll run it into the ground, which will be at least another decade.

Advertisement