Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Female jogger killed in Tullamore (MOD NOTE IN OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭treascon

Unbelievable. What a needless waste of a life. I don’t know what’s wrong with some people. May that lady rest in peace & thoughts to her family also.

Had just read that a Lady had been attacked in Tullamore........ terrible to hear that it's now a murder investigation.

May she R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Bad state of affairs when a poor girl can’t be safe jogging in a public area in the middle of the day, god bless her, rip

• Registered Users Posts: 20,886 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I often see people snidely commenting on women who "drive to the gym to walk/run on a treadmill". This sort of thing is exactly why women do so. Most women in my running club won't train outdoors in the evenings during winter as they don't feel it's safe for them. Even more terrible that this happened at 4pm in the day when you'd think it would be somewhat safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭standardg60

Jesus 4 o'clock.

My heart goes out to her family. Rip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭enricoh

Very sad. Went for a walk with the missus n kids last weekend along the local river boardwalk n was uneasy with alcos n junkies around. They seem to be a magnet for dodgy folk.

Just a horrible nightmare of a story

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Sweet Jesus, that’s terrible. RIP.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I'd say the stats would show people who drive to the gym are far more likely to die in a crash than be randomly murdered.

That attitude is a bit weird. We see spouses get murdered more often than random murders yet I don't think anyone is thinking "Oh I'm not going to get married, there's a chance I'll be murdered"

There's a time & place for riding 'high' horses........the poor Lady is only passed a couple hours ago..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,557 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Absolutely horrendous to think that a life can be taken like this. Young woman out exercising.

Appears that the killer and the victim not known to each other. Just shows you how dangerous a world we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Travelled this road today, Saw 2 ambulances down by the canal and met 4 or 5 squad cars in a short period with lights on.Assumed someone had topped themselves, I can't get over it.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

The stuff of nightmares. Apparently the victim is a school teacher. I'm school staff, I can't even begin to imagine how you'd go about explaining to a class of twenty or so children that their teacher was killed. What insanity. The poor woman, the poor family.

Some absolute sickos in this world.

May she rest in eternal peace. How do you even begin to explain to a class of young children why their teacher won’t be coming back? 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Kind of wishing this was some sort mugging that went wrong as opposed to a deliberate killing. The thoughts of someone just deliberately murdering that poor woman..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

What makes this worse is that there will be a huge outcry for a couple of weeks about our “streets being unsafe to walk on in broad daylight” etc etc and then it will fade away and nothing will be done. Mental Health Services are currently non existent.

There are people wandering around tonight in every part of Ireland literally deranged with mental illness who should be being cared for in a place where they aren’t a danger to either themselves or others.

But nothing will be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Such a horrendous terrible thing to happen. That poor woman killed just when her life was just beginning. How terrified she must have been in her last moments. May she Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Cant imagine the shock and heartache the family are feeling now, just out jogging, poor women so young, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I left my work at 4pm this evening wearing sunglasses in the glorious, bright spring like evening.

To think a woman was being murdered in this broad daylight in the midlands while out exercising is beyond belief.

May she rest in peace and that bsatard rot in the pits of hell.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

I’m hoping it was very sudden and quick. To think she suffered and was terrified is desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Be right back

Apparently the lady was just 23. May she rest in peace. Dreadful story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Well, unfortunately, the story initially broke as woman injured. Then later it was updated to woman died.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Shocking. A waste of a young life. Along with the two kids stabbed in Blanch you'd be forgiven for thinking the country is on a downward spiral. Rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭elperello

RIP

Condolences to family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Finding such evil very hard to get the head around this evening.

Had a look at twitter and the outpouring of grief and shock is mixed in with with racist posts and anti men comments.Think I'll stay out of that emotive cesspit.

RIP to the young woman, horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

I don’t think I can or should say what I heard from good source … but yea … heard she found by some women and died while waiting for emergency services

Something like this I cannot recall in quite some time. Yes, murders happen. But like this….

Strange to mention she was a young professional?

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

RIP, hopefully it doesn't descend in to a men v'women debate.

I presume by first light we will have a name for the suspect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement