Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hertz selling 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid

• 10-01-2022 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

I see a Corolla Hybrid 2021, 19k kms, €25,795 for sale from Hertz. That's a pretty good price. A little digging shows its a Northern Ireland car first registered in 04/21. Assuming its clean and no weird noises and they can show some sort of service history, and given it is certainly very competitively priced, is there any reason to reject it out of hand .

For instance, would it be safe to think that such low mileage would reduce the amount of hacking it received. Or is a car more vulnerable in the early days? Or... anyone here have any experience ,good or bad, buying from Hertz? Or any other rental for that matter?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd look that it has full Toyota main dealer service history and that a hybrid battery check was done at the last service, this will maintain the 100k mile/10 year hybrid battery warranty. It's likely only had 1 service given the mileage and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Thanks A.D. I appreciate your input. I've watched a youtube video by an alleged Toyota Hybrid trained technician , and he says one of the big things to look for is the air filter serving the battery. It apparently can cause overheating and impact the battery life, if not kept clean/renewed. Can't see them letting me remove the back seat though 😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭User1998

Even if its had 100 different drivers, its still only 8 months old and has less than 20,000km. I would have no concerns regarding the engine etc. It may not have had its first service yet which is fine as long as it’s being serviced before its sold. Being an ex rental I would probably get it checked over to ensure it hasn’t been crashed

It should have some manufacturers warranty remaining too even if it is an import

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Casati

Did you price a new one with a dealer here? With deals Toyota have and some dealer discount wouldn’t you get a brand new one for maybe 10% more?

All new ones come with 3 years free servicing and 3 year warranty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Can a new one be got at the moment? Are dealers offering discounts given the long lead times and chip shortages? The fact the likes of Hertz are importing cars from NI to sell here rather than take from their own fleet of ex-rentals says to me that supply is very low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Hertz operates as an all island service here. Similar to Lidl. Hertz ni is managed via Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Hi Folks, OP here...

Took it for a drive. Lovely driver, very clean, lots to like. Got an offer for my own car, oh, how we laughed. But he wasn't budging. Anyway, on my way home, I realised what had been nagging me when driving the Corolla. It felt claustrophobic, whereas my own car is nice and roomy on the inside.

So today I test drove a Qashqai. What a difference! I'm a sedate driver, so I'm after comfort rather than performance. However, the one I drove is a colour I just don't like, so I'm going back later in the week to look at others coming in. Also have to keep MrsN happy - although she's less fussy about the colour than I am. And SHE likes SUV's even though until today, neither of us had ever driven one. I am now a convert, having been a dyed-in-the-wool saloon type of person.

There was a suggestion above about going for a new car as the discounts and trade in offer might be better. Unfortunately there's no way my budget will reach that. Also, it might be a case of paying some sort of deposit then waiting for the new car to eventually arrive. I wouldn't really be happy in such a scenario.

thanks for the comments. And by the way, I've spoken to people in the industry and they say I shouldn't be put off by the ex-rental tag. But for now, that's moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

they have a few Corollas on there website.

if it’s the one that’s in phisborough in light blue it has had a knock on the rear quarter panel hence the lower price.

the repair was good but can be seen when you open the passenger side in the rear.

buyer beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Out of interest, is that something you discovered yourself or did they tell you? Would such repairs be recorded in the service history?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭elperello

This old thread re. UK Toyota warranty may be of interest to you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057939355/toyota-uk-warranty-in-ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

I discovered it myself when I was checking it over.no that would not be disclosed on a service history.

the same car elsewhere should be in the region of €2-5k more

Advertisement