Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JD hydraulics problem

Options
  • 10-01-2022 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

A 6320se with no hydraulic power for about 5 minutes after starting from cold. Steering and linkage completely dead. Works fine once it starts to work. No problems with oil level or quality. One thing I noticed when I looked at it was a sign of oil weeping from somewhere around the hydraulic filter head. I wonder if a slight crack in a pipe or something could be letting air in? I cleaned around the area to try and find where the oil is weeping from after it's ran for a while again...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

That filter is on the pressure side of the circuit as opposed to suction, & leaks there are common(clips wear), & I've not seen it to cause that issue, but anything is possible.

There is a dedicated charge pump under the hydraulic pump which supplies the HYD pump with oil, so air locking is unlikely on those, certainly for 5 minutes.

I'd be changing that filter inside the right hand wheel 1st. Then check the suction gauze in the lower diff housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

Thanks for the reply…The hydraulic filter was changed 250 hrs ago, and the suction gauze cleaned 1000 hrs ago. It was spotless at the time, but I suppose it wouldn’t be long getting blocked if the brakes have disintegrated or something. I suppose pulling it out will soon tell me…

Do you think the charge pump could be failing?

Least of my problems, I suppose, but will a new clip sort the weep at the filter head? It did seem a bit lose today alright when I was cleaning around it….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Viewtodiefor

Had same problem same spec tractor.

it’s the hose leading to the pump is gone porous. This leads to cavitation and wrecks the pump. In my case ended up changing the pump. If it’s caught early you might get away with new hose.

that’s it no further discussion needed.

get sorted ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

Thank you…. Do you know if there’s much work to changing the hose? I’m assuming it’s not just the external section of hose?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I would hazard a guess it's number 7 in that drawing viewtodiefor is referencing.

Its held on with 2 strong jubilee clips/slurry clamps, its awkward under the cab, but it's just a flexible low pressure hose connected to 2 flanges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement