Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying / Selling property between family

• 08-01-2022 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

I'm selling a place, parent offered to buy it at market value (it's very standard so we agree on a valuation from an estate agent being correct. I'm happy neither of us are losing/winning monetarily and they know the palce and will get an engineer survey so nobody is unhappy after, win-win)

Is there anything I should know about in this sort of deal? I presume I can just find a solicitor that can get us over all the legal work? Can we jointly hire just 1 solicitor or does each person need a representation?

Also, can I expect this to finalize faster? How fast could it be? I know purchases now take 3 months + easy, but surely this could go faster we just need to swap papers. In my own experience most of the time was wasted with buyers/sellers not quite co-operating or the two solicitors making a mission out of it. Would it be significantly faster if no bank was involved? They might pay 100% cash. Not sure.

Comments

Advertisement