Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So our three children wont be getting the jab any time soon..bravo HSE

• 08-01-2022 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭

I registered our three children on the portal for the jab a few days ago.

Got three texts in a row last night from the HSE inviting them for their jab, hooray!

However the three appointments are over two days, including one early morning and one evening one (17:15) for a vaccination centre about an hours drive away in Arklow.

Are the HSE having a laugh? So, i'm, supposed to drive for around six hours over two days to get my kids a jab they probably don't need anyway? If the three were together on the one day I'd do it, but not over two days and about 8 hours apart on the double day.

That's not happening, i'm really disappointed and furious in equal amounts. My wife got her jabs in UCD which is fairly close. I had (wrongly) assumed the kids jabs would be there too and would be together in time, or a least close. To be honest i'd still probably do it if they were there, but an hours drive away come on!! I'm not being melodramatic, here's google estimation for driving there for the evening appointment, the morning ones are the same:

Is there any point in bringing the three to the first appointment? or should i just cancel them and hope the HSE comes to their senses and allows booking like they now do for adults (which also was fiasco before that was a thing).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

Advertisement