Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Out of Season 2022

• 07-01-2022 9:57am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Cheap Christmas Treats in January?

Someone with their tree still up in February?

A Christmas film on TV in the middle of March?

Fairy lights for sale in April?

Anything festive left lying around the house?

If so, this is the thread for you! Come in and let us know if you've seen something magical and festive at any random time of the year.

And photos of anything festive are always very welcome.

Post edited by Loughc on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

While some years I dread setting this thread up, I can't explain how much fun it is to close this thread on Nov 1st when the Christmas season begins to kick off!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

All my outside decorations are drying in my front room 😂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm not touching mine until they dry off, they can stay outside but turned off!

Could be there till the summer with the way the weather has been 😂

• Advertisement

I had a turkey, ham and cranberry sambo for lunch today, it doesn't get more Christmassy out of season than that haha.

In fairness it's one of the greatest sambo combos ever.

Bet you that's the new forum game, best sambo filling 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

close enough to my own festive fave for sandwich fillings... turkey, ham, stuffing and some mayo instead of cranberry (no butter for me either)

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭tscul32

I'll go one further - Turkey, ham, stuffing, cranberry + mayo and slices of brie.

• Advertisement

Currently looking out my home office window and making note of all the neighbour houses still with their outside lights on.... they're the real MVPs.

Noticed last night when logging off that there's only one house visible from our house with external lights still up.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Tree still up and lit, wreath on the door. The only thing I'm considering changing is my ring doorbell chime which currently plays Deck the Halls 😂 Everything else is staying for the foreseeable!!

In petstop this afternoon getting some bits for our fishtank and they still had their Christmas decorations internal canopy up, looked great I have to say.

went for a walk and I’m so surprised by the amount of houses still with lights and trees up and on. The ones directly near me all cleared theirs this morning but the greater neighbourhood are still rocking theirs.

Got rid of tree yesterday to recycling, which was the last of the decorations jobs. Have decided to leave wreath on front door and lights on tree in front garden.

My next door neighbour has these beautiful white lights on a tree in his back garden and as the tree is bare for winter it makes it look like snow.

He switched them off last night, I was tempted to knock in and ask him to leave them on for at least the rest of winter.

When we were at the Zoo lights, they had these amazing falling light effect lights in the trees. Would love to get them if I had a tree big enough.

Christmas 2 U adverts on Virgin media at the moment.

just back from a walk and I am shocked/delighted to see so many trees and lights still up.

I wonder do they know how much joy they bring by leaving them up during these dark dreary nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Ours are still up and are staying up until end of January. Cork city council requested people leave their outdoor lights on to cheer people up during an otherwise drab month. I didn't need to be asked twice 😂

Neighbour must read the forum. The outdoor tree lights are back on 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭growleaves

I haven't taken my little tree and lights down yet. No harm in leaving it up for a while.

Driving home this evening noticed 2 houses on our Road with their external lights up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Wife bought a Christmas tree yesterday in the Range, her brother admired the pencil tree in our hall and wanted one for his kitchen this year so she picked it up for him.

McDonald's in liffey Valley today.

Only 2 trees left on in my neighbourhood.

one house was hiding theirs they other had it on full display and it’s easily one of the most beautiful tree I’ve ever seen. I totally get why they’d leave it up and lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭growleaves

I made a large dinner for myself and a friend tonight.

Then we went walking afterwards and the streets were close to deserted.

I said "It feels like Christmas" and my friend agreed.

Nice spontaneous Christmas feeling in mid-Jan.

Maybe it’s my neighbourhood but there are so many wreaths still up on the front doors.

And they’re proper Christmas wreaths too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We took down our indoor stuff today but the outdoor lights and the door wreath are still in situ 😀.

The house feels incredibly bare 😪

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement