Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New EV & charge

Options
  • 28-11-2021 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I've bought an EV last week (deposit paid) and the deal includes a home charger by energia. Should i take this or should i go and source my own (zappi e.g.) and get a qualified sparky to install it? What are ppls thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Is it entirely free? Think the one energia sell is very decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,563 ✭✭✭zg3409

Do they put you on a bad home electricity tariff for 2 years?

Do you have seai home charger grant approval? That pays for first 600 of any charger no matter if you get a deal or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

You need to do your sums on this one - depending on usage and tarriff you might be better getting your own charger installed. I am not availing of the Energia charger that is on offer from Kia, I will be getting a Zappi for 2 reasons - I have solar panels and secondly I don't want to be tied to Energia.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Also, Its only 50 euro to break contract early with energia .

Getting a hypervolt installed before Christmas...all bells and whistles. Also future proofed for solar panels ..videos of it on YouTube look really good.

Got a quote of 1500 euro and applied for the grant of 600.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 peterwhit

any update? Thinking of getting Hypervolt myself.

Hi ...yes I got the hypervolt installed..looks great but will have to wait to get the ev to test it out .hopefully end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Got mine installed in November and all works fine. My own EV is being collected next week but a mate has Model 3 and has used it a good bit. Highly recommend it

Advertisement