Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Ha enjoy, alternative options weren't really appealing so rang them to see if they were open. Website not functional yet but everything else is so headed down. No sign or anything outside so confirmed inside that it's was actually Bunsen before ordering. Very pleasant and efficient receptionist and not too busy, got a cheese burger well done and a double cheese medium well along with sweet potato fries and they were spot on and very tasty. Great addition to the area although the location will be a pain for collections especially this time of year as usually avoid the centre for at least the month of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭daymobrew

We had Bunsen take away yesterday. It was actually nicer than previous take aways from Wexford Street. The staff have been very well trained!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

A new Tea place called Chatime opening where the watch shop was near Mannings Bakery.

Their website if anyone is interested

https://chatime.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

• Advertisement

Showing up on the app now, but showing as closed till the 9th.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Went this evening to get some burgers and it was closed. Very disappointed, I was really looking forward to it

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Got my Bunsen last night. Definitely the best burger I've had in a long time, but next time I'll get different fries. I love their shoestring fries, but they don't do well as a takeaway, they were all a bit soggy and sweaty by the time I got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Had Boojum last week and was not disappointed. Burrito was huge and filled with meat. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Family take away from bujo after swimming in Junction 6, the burger and chips I had were nothing special, burger was like chipper burger, the kids chicken strips were nice, kids devoured them, I'd actually prefer a quarter pounder from burger king it would have more flavour to be honest.

And the price is Eddie rockets.......for a takeaway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Fatnacho

Tried to new All Bar Chicken food truck beside the Power City. Charging the same prices as their sit down locations in town. Decent but pricey considering it’s essentially a takeaway in an industrial estate. Not a patch on Half&Half down the road.

There must be some money to be made in D15 with all these franchises moving out here from the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

The population of the Dublin 15 area is over 124, 000 people, thats the same as Cork City. So I’d figure there a few bob to be made.

Agreed that due to the population of the area and the relative lack of dining options up to recently, makes D15 an attractive proposition for fast food franchises especially now due to the lack of footfall in town.

However, just wondering how sustainable it is? Off the top of my head, we have Bujo, Bunsen, Wowburger, Half&Half, Eddie Rockets, GrillTown, All Bar Chicken and Top Bun all operating within a 3km radius of each other, offering the same product (gourmet burgers&chips) at the same price point (approx. €15). Won’t be long until we’ve reached saturation point in regards to burgers in Blanch.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've noticed a new food van from a distance at the green entrance to the shopping centre, has anyone been up close to see what they are selling? Or tried it out?

Asian street food..Ginzeng in the Centre won’t be too happy with the competition

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

According to the website there it was only at the shopping centre until 3rd January - oh well!

Yeah. I just checked because it's one of the top rated food trucks in Dublin.

And noticed that I just missed out.

It's back to the city center for now. I wonder if they will be back. There's a lot of stuff on the menu I normally wouldn't order, but it would have been nice as an experience.

It's still there today, Green entrance, opposite side of the doors to Off Beat

Went over this evening, the van is there but it's closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

That van isn't worth the hype - had it before Christmas when it was out near Sandyford. Super greasy breaded chicken burger (pretty sure it was thigh meat), terrible bun and the veggy Gyoza tasted like muck.

• Advertisement

but, but, but...It's Kwanghi.

Like from the TV like

In BLANCH!

OMG!

It MUST be good!

WTF are they closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭raheny red

Dublin Roast Cafe gone and replaced by a chicken wing spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭Polar101

Are they both open? Looking at their websites, the contact email address is same for both places, so I guess it's the same owner. Or is it just changing from a cafe to a chicken place?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Centra opening a foodstore/off licence in the ground floor unit at the newly completed apartment blocks next to Hansfield train station. Will be handy for local and future residents as well as commuters coming off the trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Justin10

I went a few weeks ago, I think oddly they run it a cafe during the day and wings place in the evening, as when we went the cafe menus where taken off the table and replaced with hot food menu.

Wings are a big serving, I only got through half of them, seems to be the usual pub frozen wings. Nothing special unfortunately.

I just spotted a job ad for Scrumdiddly's in Penney's Blanchardstown so am assuming that means there will be a Scrumdiddlys ice cream counter in here soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Phil.x

"Blanch Fried Chicken at Unit 40B, Coolmine Industrial Estate, Porters Road, Blanchardstown was served with a closure order on February 23 after inspectors found raw chicken being prepared on the same surface as ready to eat salads."

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/food-closures-ireland-dublin-businesses-23334055

Advertisement