Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Battery discharging to the grid

• 04-01-2022 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all

I have only recently had a solar system installed with a Solis inverter and a pylontech battery so I still have a lot to learn.

I have learnt a lot by reading the threads

one question I have is how do I stop the battery from discharging to the grid.

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

Well it should not unless the settings in inverter tell it to.

There is a setting for scheduled charging from grid. In the same place there is a setting to discharge. Go to advanced settings>Storage Mode Select>Time charging. Set discharge to 0A also set discharge time to all 0, so that your Total Discharge time is 00:00. If you do not charge from grid then set to Stop and also set charging to 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MATTYON

Thx

I don't suppose there is a default password? I tried 1234 and 1111

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Thx

Got in and made those changes.

Hopefully that will work

Hi All

how do i stop the battery from discharging to zero. the settings are as below. however it still discharged to zero over night.

you can see from the graph below it drops to around 3% then charges to 100 and then drops to 0 at 9 am every morning

i am not on day/night rate yet so i have not changed anything regards the self charge

Thanks for any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Interesting - not sure why - I can share my settings if it helps.

OC = 12% and FC = 10% FC Limit = 100A.

When my battery empties it never goes lower than 10%.

I think i recall someone suggesting to select the Battery again - and save... and sometimes it "resets" the default settings. Then adjust again.

Something is not right here. The battery cannot discharge from 100% to 0% instantly. What battery is it? Does the battery have it's own SoC display? When it goes to 0 does it shutdown? Does it happen at 9 everyday? If yes, have you disabled timed discharge as in my earlier post?

You can try rebooting inverter for fresh start.

Hi

it is a pylontech, i am not sure if it has its own SoC display

i have set all the discharge to zero and that seemed to work in regards to stopping the battery sending to the grid

i will try rebooting it, can i do that on the inverter or do i need to shut the whole thing down

You can reset from inverter in advanced settings there is Reset HMI option, this will reboot it. Or just cut DC in and grid in.

Pylons have 6 LEDs on the front that indicate SOC level. If one of them is flashing it means it is charging. If RUN Led is flashing is means it is discharging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Put a Diode in?⁰

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Advertisement