Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anything wrong with these figures?

• 29-12-2021 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Going to pick up our new EV in January. Was hard to get any money off but they did us a deal where we get a couple of extra products for "free" (GAP insurance and paint protection). I know they might not be needed but no harm if they're free.

We paid a 1,000 euro deposit which we will get back to buy them and theyve reduced initial car deposit by 1000 to compensate. Am I missing anything with the way they've done it?

HP 5.9% APR ( Original Figures)

Car - €56,175

PX - €1,000

Deposit - €30,000

Financing - €25,175

Monthly’s - €585.65over 48mths

HP 5.9% APR ( Restructured Figures)

Car - €54,675

PX - €500.00

Deposit - €29,000

Financing - €25,175

Monthly’s - €585.65over 48mths

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If there was an option for 0% PCP you might save 3 grand, doing less of a deposit up front and having a final payment instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

I meant more - is there any issue with how they've done the figures to save the grand? Monthly payments still the same but slightly less deposit.

Seems okay but wanted to double check.

As for PCP it's actually the same 5.9% unfortunately.

So basically they’ve discounted the new car and your trade in by €500

Im confused about where the €1000 deposit has gone

This is where I want to make sure I'm not being screwed over and trying to get my head around it.

I'd have had that 1,000 back and used it with the 29,000 additional to pay 30,000 deposit.

In the new scenario I still have to stump up an additional 29,000 but the 1,000 I'd get back goes on additional products.

So either way I'm paying 30,000 but in one I get 2 "free" products.

At least that's how I think it's working?

I’d say they’re running that through the books so the salesman will get his commission on the extras at big list-price.

id be looking for actual figures as per what will be on the finance documents. The extras should be part of the vehicle price, I feel your €1000 is being diverted from the deal and going through as a separate transaction

• Advertisement

It definitely will be separate.

Question is does that matter to me? Naturally they're doing what's best for their margins but as long as I get something to that seems okay?

My monthlies will be same either way and I'll spend same amount of money, I'll just get the 2 products for free in one, but not the other.

Unless I'm missing something. Never bought new through a dealer before.

Just bumping this one before I pick up the car. All seems okay but just double checking with a lot of people who probably know more than me.

Advertisement