Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Randox pcr test

• 03-01-2022 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭

Anyone else do it? How long where you waiting for your results? I don't mine yesterday and still waiting for results. I was told I would get them by late am today 🥺

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Hi all,

My sister in law (non national & non resident) is booked in for a PCR with the above in the morning.

When we booked the Randox test I ticked the box for EU Digital Covid Cert.

In the unlikely event that her test is positive will this result in an EU Cert with proof of recovery (after a period of time obviously)?

I can't see anything on the Radox website and speaking to a person seems out of the question (I tried the phone number on the website).

She needs a negative PCR to travel but with the level of virus circulation at present it got us thinking what would happen if she actually tested positive..how would she fly if after 10 days / 2 weeks PCR was still positive.

BTW she doesn't have a cert of any kind at present, she is unvaccinated.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Destination country is Poland BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭Raichu

I suspect they’re absolutely up to their eyes at the min! If you can maybe try give them a buzz and ask? I’d just wait til tomorrow though and go from there 24-48 hours wouldn’t be abnormal waiting especially with how many folks are seeking them out atm.

Either way - I hope it’s negative!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭ebbsy

My son had his results by 9am the next morning - that was a week before Xmas tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

I need the results for work tomorrow. I need to organize cover now if I don't get results or am positive

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Got the results. Bad news

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

dang! sorry to hear OP, hopefully you’re not in the worst state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DonalB1

Hi all,

I need a negative PCR for entry to country I’m living in. I just read that the PCR results need to have a QR code they can scan.

Has anyone here used Randox and do you know what their results print out looks like?

I used them before the summer last year but there was no QR on the print out then, just wondering had that changed does anyone know? Can’t get any response from them and the test needs to be less than 24 hours old so no room for error

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭connected1

I used them in October and there was a small QR code in top right corner of the page with the result

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

The last one I did in July for travel with Randox has the the QR code up on the top right of the results sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I used them for a flight to the US before Christmas. Was flying with Aer Lingus so had to use the VeriFly app. It didn’t accept the QR on the Randox result so I had to send it for manual approval. It was approved in about 15 minutes.

Ok, Thank you

so they QR is in the top corner (red) instead of the URN?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I got one done 2 weeks ago.Just looked at the cert there, there is a QR code box above the URN there, at the same level as the Randox Health name.

Ours wasn't for travel and still had a QR on it.

Yes, mine had the QR in the top right corner above the URN.

Who did you send it for manual approval to? Was it to Aer Lingus or VeriFLY?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I got a full travel cert with a big qr code from tropical medical bureau in Leopardstown very fast drive in test but that was before case exploded

Via the VeriFLY app. There's an option there to manually submit the test result.

• Advertisement
Advertisement