Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does your club take to publish weekend Golf Comp Results

• 02-12-2021 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

would be interested to know what is the typical lag time between the comp and the results being published at your club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Saturday and Sunday comp results typically released on a Tuesday for me

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Results posted generally posted in the evening. Same day as comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sometimes its the same day as. Sometimes its a couple of days later. Our competitions committee are all young guys in their 30's or 40's so life is quite busy for them

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Buttros

Same day. Usually a couple hours after dark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭willabur

its between 3 and 4 days after the comp in our place for Sunday results. Mon and Wed results already published for this week, still waiting on Sundays comp. Looking back over the last 3 or 4 months it typically lands on a Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

It used to be the evening of the comp would see the results go up, but in the era of Covid it's 24hrs later as the currently practice is to leave the cards for at least 24 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Evening of the event, the club swapped to the intelligent golf and it's very quick. Gives lots of stats as well regarding average scores etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭coillcam

Everything is submitted electronically and the results are published that evening, usually a couple of hours after the last entry. Sometimes even quicker than that. We use the howdidido system so I get a push notification through the app pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭paulos53

Same here with intelligent golf. All the scores are visible online once the competition is closed. It could be another day or two before the cards are checked so the weekend prize winners aren't official until Monday or Tuesday evening.

However we are switching software providers next week so I will have to see what happens there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Generally the evening of the last day of the comp sometimes the following morning, very rare any longer than that. Last Sat won a prize, results were up by 6pm and had my comp purse topped up by Monday at noon. I was very impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Usually posted Sunday evening in the whatsapp group for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭kev_s88

for us it used to be the evening of the comp. there would always be a couple of lads who would play late and stay around to do the scores. Has drifted out a bit now but results still normally posted between 24-48 hrs after comp closes

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

ours are usually sent out by email around 8-9pm that evening

Its thursday and still no sign, I get that its a volunteer and that its the end of the year.... Still a bit annoying that the results haven't been published since sunday. The 2's have already been credited to my account ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sure volunteer yourself to help out for next year 😉

You are not wrong, I am just being a hurler on the ditch here, absolute pain the hole :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Yes, it's a volunteer but that's not acceptable. 24 hours is enough time to get it done and if they can't then someone else needs to step in.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Nxt morning always for the Sunday comp I play.. sometimes earlier, but 11am following day is a good guide for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Tom Ghostwood

8pm the eve of the comp the email goes out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Current club posts the results within 24 hours, though the occasionally don't bother sending the results out and only stick them up in the clubhouse, which is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I'm marvelling at the ready availability of 'someone else'. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Corkey123

This makes me more appreciative of the club volunteers that selflessly carry out this task on behalf of their fellow members

Results in my club are typically posted immediately after a competition, or the next day at the latest

Advertisement