Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tourist [BBC]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

BBC 1 New Year's Day at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Hard to tell based off that, looks somewhat interesting. Will give it a watch anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Well, that was an intriguing and odd hour of TV, a little disconcerting in places. What the hell is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭trashcan

I thought the bit where she spilled the lemonade on him, and thereby he just happened to evade the bomb, was just a bit too coincidental, but then with the revelation that she knows him, it would seem that she deliberately knocked it over ? Plus, I thought that was him in the box ?

Enough in it to bring me back for more I think. I hope this isn’t one of these series that sets up so many angles and questions that it has no way of resolving them coherently (see Lost).

I'll definitely keep watching it but it was a bit strange, that lemonade scene was poor alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭I see sheep

What's he going to do for money?

I like Jamie, good actor.

If this happened in real life surely one picture in the Irish media would sort out the identity issue surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭smithirl

I thought the drink spill scene was a bit obvious too but will keep watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,748 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Enjoyed episode 1, tempted to watch it all on iPlayer but night ration it!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭chosen1

Yea, that would be one course of action alright.

Also not a chance of Australian police allowing a foreigner with no idenificiation, immigration papers or money to head off about his business.

He'd be shipped straight away to an immigration camp until his status could be verified.

Apart from that though, decent first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

After watching 3 episodes of this on the iPlayer and it's keeping myself and and the missus interested, some nice scenic shots of the outback to boot. Getting Fargo-esque vibes, especially with the rookie female police officer and semi-incompetent more senior cops. Dornan is half decent and the big bearded Yank is a nasty piece of work. Not sure where it's going exactly and there a few plot holes but we'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭dublin49

lots of improbable plot holes already,hard to buy into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Watched the entire show on the iPlayer, very disappointing.

Looked intriguing in the 1st episode, but it went downhill as it progressed. Far too much silly humour in it too, for something that was not meant to be a black comedy afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭apache

That's a pity. I am half way through the first episode and am liking it. This has caught my attention.

Don't let me stop you watching it. Finish it out yourself and let me know if I haven't a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just finished too, very disappointing, a very poor man's Fargo, and farcical the further it developed

That was my worry after the first episode, that they wouldn’t be able to follow through on the original set up. It’s often a failing of this sort of show in my view. They come up with an intriguing initial concept but don’t know how to resolve it. I’ll keep watching though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I thought it was entertaining enough, with a hint of black comedy, and a few quirky characters, but the end truth ruined the whole series in my opinion.

I thought that it was fairly crap in terms of set-up and tone after about 20 minutes and terminated my viewing experience of this work right there - I'm sticking with my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

started watching Episode 3 last night and it looked interesting so went back and watched the first 2 episodes on the iPlayer. I'm enjoying it so far; there are a few plot holes (as my Mrs pointed out, the cop could have stuck his picture on Twitter and the nordies would have his name, address and which school he went to identified within an hour). Definite Fargo vibes - oddball criminals and naive small-town cops; the bearded trucker is also very reminiscent of the "warthog from hell" in Raising Arizona.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭apache

I'm enjoying this. On third episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Weird seeing Dewey Crowe with his actual Aussie accent 😂

I am on the third episode...enjoying it so far. One huge issue...that f#cking fiancee of the cop....

Someone please tell me that f#cking idiot gets killed off? He is literally the worst person in the whole show. Also the guy playing him is a horrible actor.

Yeah, she really, really needs to tell him to fluck right off with himself ! Maybe he’ll start a gay affair with the dance teacher ! I’m liking it ok overall. Though how the hell did the trucker climb up out of that well ?

Yeah I kinda thought that too....but I'd rather he is killed tbh...

Yeah that didn't make much sense

Was joking about the gay affair. I assume she will stand up to him eventually, hope so anyway.

Starts on RTE 2 at 9.30pm on Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Watched the first couple of episodes and it began to fall apart a bit for me halfway through the second one....the plot holes and general plot quirks are really starting to add up.

Like when they drove out to the quarry in the middle of a sandstorm, got lost within sight of their destination and then drove all the way back to the helicopter guys to go back to the quarry. And then everyone carried on like finding a dead guy in a barrell was an everyday occurrence.

I'll probably stick with it having said that as it's only six episodes

Season 2 being filmed here

The new series will also feature Francis Magee (bad guy Bren in Kin), Diarmaid Murtagh (Vikings), Nessa Matthews (Fair City) and Mark McKenna (Sing Street) as various members of the McDonnell family

https://www.buzz.ie/tv/the-tourist-series-2-dornan-30723979

• Advertisement

S1 was just OK, probably won't bother tuning into S2 until I read some reviews first.

Advertisement