Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suzuki Jimny

• 01-01-2022 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭

I thought Suzuki had dropped this model in Europe, some problems with emissions ? It was launched a few years ago but never sold here. They look amazing but I have not seen one yet. Local dealer has one in stock commercial (maybe that’s the get around here?)

http://www.railwaygaragecars.ie/vehicles/suzuki/jimny/kilkenny/2899611

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Fabulous looking and I had two of original models from new. Simply amazing little jeeps.

There's a few dealers selling them here, very few but I believe Suzuki officially not selling them in Irealnd, not entirely sure why .

Spotted a 2022 model for sale at Midlands Suzuki above on done deal yesterday, whether they are bringing them in privately, from NI , not sure .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They are selling them as commercial only as a workaround for the high co2 emissions (Suzuki has a collective emissions figure for their passenger cars, and the Jinny was skewing that. They even badge engineered some Toyota hybrids to get the figure down too)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

New model is very popular. I think they are hard to get in the UK anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Never seen one on the roads here yet. The old model used to be very popular. Guess if you live in a rural hilly area and don’t do much driving they are an ideal little car

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I actually prefer the Jimny model before this one both inside and outside. I think it actually looked more modern.

This one does look good but also like a miniature Mercedes G Class.

You would have thought with the last model being very expensive here that they would have sold this one here too but emissions and tax must have put on end to that. Big mistake by Suzuki really losing lots of customers probably to Dacia, Ssangyong and MG.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

@MarkN did a review of it a few months back:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

I have absolutely no need for one but I want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

I love the old Jimny - properly capable off-road - and would love to have a drive in one of the new ones.

Had an Escudo (original Vitara) a decade-ish back, which was great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Reminds me a lot of the original Toyota land cruisers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I see that there is some commercial Jimnys availible now at Suzuki dealers.

It really has grown on me.

I really think Suzuki should make the next one electric do. Hopefully they do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement