Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Very cautious about this; I was already a little sceptical about something this overtly nostalgia-tickling... but to be fair, that's an intriguing trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Didn't know this was coming out! I really liked him in the Mandalorian, so this is a must-watch for me!

I'm all in now that Jennifer Beals has been confirmed as a cast member.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They told you at the end of the Mandalorian, you must not have watched the last episode past the credits.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Gah; still trying not to get too hyped for this. It looks like it could be solid; The Sopranos in Star Wars isn't the worst idea in the world, even if on point of principle I'm against Boba Fett returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

First episode now out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Bloody fantastic stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

1: This was alright. Could kinda feel the lack of David Filoni in the writing and directing. It didn't feel as deep and thought out as his usual work.

Decebt intro to the Boba Fett story all the same.

Hope the quality improves as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Really awesome little tidbits on the aftermath of the battle over the Sarlacc pit from Return of the Jedi in there. Cool to see.

I don’t think what we see is the immediate aftermath.

I think Boba has been unconscious in the Sarlacc for a few years and it takes a long time for him to actually get out.

My guess is that the flashback scenes take place not long before he finds Fennec. That would explain why he is only just catching up to his armour in Mando season 2.

I like that Fett is clearly going to have to fight for control of Jabba’s cartel and he is just going to be accepted by everyone as the boss.

Also the armour held up pretty well in the Sarlacc - I’m wondering if Boba’s scars are not just from there but something he has gathered over the years. He clearly doesn’t need the bacta tank just for the Sarlacc injuries since he is able to walk and fight when a Tusken captive. I think we’ll find out it is years of wear and tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Bookmarked...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Jennifer Beals to be a regular so just give her a natural skin colour?

Was just checking and it's 7 episodes.

Slow enough start but all setup but do like seeing the pre Mando stuff.

You can see Jabba's sail barge, The Khetanna, still smouldering in the background of the night scene where the Jawa's take his armour, so I'd say it wasn't that long after the battle. We don't know yet how long Boba stayed with those Tusken Raiders. Seemingly long enough to earn their trust and respect (aside form what occured in this episode) as it seems the female raider he sparred with has the same Gaffi stick Boba is in possession of in The Mandalorian. We also don't know for sure how long Cobb Vanth had Boba's armour. Some sources say since around the time of the Battle of Endor. That would be about 5 years until Boba reacquires it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just finished E1 and I have to say, I can't believe how cheap it looks, which is not something you ever expect to say about Disney, whatever your feelings about them.

Maybe it was just my parents' tv, which motion smooths everything to a ridiculous degree, but it felt like I was watching a Star Wars-themed episode of the original Power Rangers.

I didn’t notice the smoke and thought that Jawas regularly visited the wreckage over the years.

If you are correct and Fett escaped the Sarlacc quickly then that throws up the question of why it takes him six years to go looking for the armour.

I can only think of one reason but I don’t want to post it or even think about it too much just in case it is correct. Don’t want to spoil it by overthinking :)

There was one part that didn't look that great when using that screen tech they have, and that was the fight scene with the raider after he tries to escape. The lighting looked really off. The previous scene at the camp was fine as they had firelit torches and campfires.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Pretty meh over all. Not bad though.

But, seriously, that's how Bloba Fat got out of the Sarlacc? Not very interesting was it? Thought they'd have a better stab at it than that TBH.

• Advertisement

I'm glad they didn't spend too much time on it, but you might see more later on depending on how much time he spends in the bacta tank during the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think the town where Cobb Vanth had Boba's armour was pretty off-the-map going by what they said in The Mandalorian. It was an old town thought to be deserted and destroyed, and no one really went near it. Chances are Boba simply had no idea it was there, and it was only when he spotted Mando ride away from it that he either spotted it or saw it was another Mandalorian and decided to track him.

He clawed, burned and dug his way out.

How much screen time do you want devoted to it?

What other way was there for him to escape? Jet pack? That is the most predictable and dullest possible option. The Sarlacc pukes him out? Maybe in the Last Airbender that might happen.

He is out and they showed us how. I doubt they’ll devote anymore of the flashbacks. More interesting stuff to told.

That is possible but I got the feeling that it was more a case that he had tracked the armour that far and just missed it.

I have a feeling I know what is going to happen in the flashbacks - and that you are correct - he wasn’t in the Sarlacc for long but that his time spent with the Sandpeople might explain why he armour stayed “missing”.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

In one sentence,

Not for the casual fan.

I was very surprised when I saw Matt Berry’s name in the credits. Even more surprised on the second watch at how I missed his very distinctive voice (even when adjusted) the first time.

I’m really looking forward to seeing the more of the story unfold about the mayor of Mos Espa. He is clearly someone with power if even his minion wasn’t remotely worried when facing the new crime lord. It could add some political type shenanigans and paper plays to the series.

I’m hoping the parkour assassins don’t work for the mayor but another faction - the more enemies circling Fett the more exciting it will be. Glad that Fett is not being portrayed as a character feared by everyone.

Post edited by Need a Username on

I've learned to curb my enthusiasm for anything star wars at this stage but I enjoyed that. Mildly enjoyable just like the mandalorian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

As a fairly casual Star Wars fan I enjoyed it well enough. It helped that I'd just finished watching The Mandalorian but a lot of the significance of the various characters and locations as regards the overall Star Wars universe was probably lost on me. Bigger fans might get more out of it but it had enough in its own right to keep me watching all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thought it pretty naff, the aliens looked bad especially the sand creature - looked like bad Doctor Who aliens

Advertisement