Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Backround Check

• 26-12-2021 6:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hey all

is there a company that will do a 5 year backround check for 1 person in dublin?

Comments

What kind of information are you looking for, bearing in mind GDPR.

Is it with the persons permission?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Silver Cauldrons

hi

i plan to apply for either a Civil Service role on public jobs.ie or a Job with Revenue Customs both i think conduct a backround 5 year check

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Do a data request on the gardai. You should get most relevant data held, although you wont get anything sensitive that is currently be looked at, like if you are under investigation.

Revenue will know your work history, but not sure they can access your personal tax history unless you give permission.

Background check most likely your employment history over the last 5 years and the gardai if working with children or vulnerable people

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Silver Cauldrons

thanks for the replys guys

one more question i have worked since i am 18 and i am now 41 , i have a cv but for the life of me i cant remember the exact dates i started and left those Roles ? is there a company that will do a work history check so i could get the correct dates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You don't need the exact date, just say:

2008-2010 Job 1

2010-2014 Job 2

2014-2022 Job 3

Advertisement