Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The performance of Ministers during this crisis

Comments

Can you cut and paste the text from it? Just that article, no need to reply with other articles making the same (ish) point.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,912 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

As since explained, incorrect article and incorrect Simon (Coveney) it is a premium article and copying and pasting on this new board's format a nightmare ,covers general performance of ministers, more an opinion piece .

Anyway clearly some on here less than appreciative of any criticism of FG, they'd be horrified at what's written on other less than flattering Threads .

I'm as critical of FF, particularly Stephen Donnelly and especially Norma Foley, both utterly dreadful.

Good Night 😴

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,377 ✭✭✭✭road_high

This government is hands down the worst I’ve ever had the misfortune to live under. Completely bereft of any talent, ZERO vision or conviction, led by mob social media “feelings”…look simply at how they’ve blown away the finances of the nation. This is insanity. And it will all come to a head soon as we simply cannot go on spending at this level for no return. I’m a FG voter but won’t ever be voting for them again. As a middle range taxpayer they’ve treated me with nothing but contempt throughout. The country badly needs a big turn away from the woke lefty handout culture. Work needs to be rewarded abs those that contribute rewarded instead of raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

No problem. Mistakes can happen.

This was what you said in the original post on the subject though...

Interesting review in today's indo, how was it put again🤔, o yes, Harris put his foot in it again.

So, there was two articles in the Indo today? One where "Simon puts his foot in it" (but relating to Coveney) and another relating to Harris putting his foot in it?

Interesting. Have you a link to this other article? Even if it is behind a paywall?

I'm not sure why you're curious about me quoting you. I think (but could be wrong) that we've only crossed paths once before. All i remember anyhow. Boards is a place of discussion. Is discussion "curious" when two people clearly have different viewpoints?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭HBC08

I agree with you but if you think you're getting rode now as middle range tax payer you'll be in for a big shock in SF ever get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,377 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I know. I despair really. I’m voting for some obscure anti establishment loons the next time. SF are the same as the rest. FG Lab SF SD FF greens etc all the same lefty big state drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,157 ✭✭✭✭elperello

These lines from the poem "Jim" by Hilaire Belloc come to mind 🙂

"And always keep a-hold of Nurse

For fear of finding something worse"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I don't know why MM hasn't pulled the plug, Leo is constantly going behind his back.

Norma, since she was was appointed she's not made a single decision on her own. She hidden behind public health advice.

Donnelly comes across all wrong there is nobody more important in the world that him.

What should have been done,

Proper contact tracing, it was broken in schools in September 2020

Antigen testing as soon as they are available

Better data science, if you look at the Irish numbers v the rest of the world our are like a saw tooth even after averaging.

No hiding behind GDPR in schools inform parents.

Hope for the best, the vaccine will save us but don't count on it they should have spent on school and HEPA filters, from what I can see from work and friends kids got covid, took it home infected their family while at the same time there rest of the class did the same. So the numbers say out breaks were in homes but the reality is that they started in schools. Windows open in schools means that all kids are run down and catching every bug going,

There's no doubting pretty bad decisions made or in some cases no decisions, just deflection. MM didn't pull the plug for numerous reasons, the Good of the nation Cliché became somewhat farcical early on in this coalition and I completely agree that for some inexplicable reason, Leo attempted to undermine him at every turn, even the most die hard FG supporters must have seen this.

Put simply MM had nowhere to go, his support within FF was rock bottom at the start of this coalition, the Polls suggested (and they've got worse), FF Would be decimated and frankly, his only remaining personal ambition was to be Taoiseach but certainly not be the shortest FF reigning Taoiseach in the history of the state.

I'm neither a FF or FG supporter but actually admire MM"s Resilience, that doesn't mean I think he has good leadership skills. Personally, I thought a few months ago, he'll serve out his term as Taoiseach and retire, now I'm not so sure. FFand FG now ultimately depend on each other to actually survive, depressing as it is, I believe we're stuck with them for the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭costacorta

Breaking news ,, SF supporters not happy with Govt 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

This for me is post of the year 2021.

I agree with every word. The only thing I take any issue with is your scoring system.

For me, Varadkar's undermining of the public health team during a pandemic puts him right at the bottom of the **** heap. It cost us a lot of lives, had us stuck in our homes for months, and it continues to cost us dearly to this day.

I agree with the positives you had to say about him, but they don't really register any more such are the magnitude of his negatives.

So he's a big fat zero for me. And I'd raise the like of Norma Foley to a one just to emphasise how bad he's been. I realise that won't be popular.

Breaking News, have you seen any recent Polls, it's actually FFG supporters who are extremely unhappy and there's clear evidence their once, life long supporters looking elsewhere and completely fed up, i don't believe all looking towards SF whom I not a fan of incidently. Let's face it, Labour an utter shambles but I can actually see SD and SF picking up droves of disgruntled voters next time around. Greens are quite simply finished, absolute disastrous performance in Government, they've clearly learned no lessons from their last time in office.

It's also fair to say Leo undermined the very coalition he helped form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

A Sinn Fein, ff coalition could be a likely scenario next time round. As unsavoury as it sounds, it's a lot more palatable than letting the current crop of FG me feiners anywhere near goverment for the foreseeable.

Quite possible, I'm thinking that it could well be a SF/SD coalition with few independents getting consessions to behave themselves.

I think its been an utter farce,30 odd ministers/junior minister,fcuk knows how many 'advisors' and just stumble from crisis to crisis and noone seems to know whats going on

Too many chiefs and not enough indians,hence how we've ended up with a government trying to please everyone and making noone happy....

the media have been an utter joke throughout it,egging on reopening/living with virus (cant be done effectively as next 3 weeks will so)....the amount of columns and airtime devoted to plight of publicans/restauranters and obvious glaring social issues glossed over is mind boggling

I’ve seen the polls alright but try transferring that into seats !! SF will get more seats but will still be away off forming a Govt and who in their right minds would team up with them?

You say SD but they be lucky to keep seats they have. FF andFG might lose a few seats but can still see them forming the next Govt as well with greens and independents.

SF would be Toxic with their airy fairy policies and nobody would touch them so opposition again but that’s what they are happiest giving out about everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Peak-end bias suggests that "the performance of Ministers during this crisis" will be entirely forgotten at the next election.

All fair points but I still believe that SD have some very strong TD's and have performed reasonably well, I actually think they'll gain seats, likely from Labour, Greens and possibly FG .With Labour & Greens banjaxed there's more likely to be a coalition of sorts with SF ,I just can't see FFG joining them.

Whatever the outcome, its going to be intriguing.

I like Gary Gannon and he always talks sense , Holly is in my constituency and I was delighted to see her getting in last time out but unfortunately I think she will struggle next election.

I think most people who stopped voting FF/FG would see SD as the best party to change over too .

Completely agree re Gary Gannon and Holly has been impressive too. I also believe SD is probably a preferred option for a lot of FFG voters. I'm in the Laois / Offaly constituency and seeing a definite move away from FFG , actually it's been a surprise to me, Families, Generation's of FFG supporters not at all happy with the Government performance to date , there'll definitely be a swing, which way is the tricky question 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Have to agree with this.

Particularly the media under the guise of 'balanced reporting' and a devils advocate approach, have behaved despicably.

Stoking up fear about the virus one day, and then lamenting about the poor vitners the next, both sides disseminated in a similar pseudo altruistic tone.

They're seem to be a consensus among media that this is just part of the job - and maybe it is, but it is also pretty **** evil imo.

But there was no article on Harris yesterday was there? Even though you "read" one and used it as the basis of your argument here?

And you stated you weren't posting disingenuously. Disgraceful behaviour really.

Why did you lie?

Just curious, why exactly are you on this Thread, clearly your intent is to comment on posters rather than actually making a contribution to the actual thread. You've not made a single observation on the actual subject of the thread, instead you persist with this rather childish, almost obsessional rant .

Why not enlighten us with an actual point . Enlighten us as to the wonderous things ministers have achieved.

I see your previous concern on Boards center's around your sensitivity around scurrilous comments on Boards. Perhaps your trying to encourage one from me , it's not going to work.

I won't be engaging with your disturbing obsession anymore, so don't bother quoting me again. I'll be ignoring your nonsense.

Jesus wept , extraordinary behaviour and you claim I'm throwing insults and you claim I've lied, Grow up 🙄 your own behaviour disgraceful, actually disturbing.

I did engage. In my very first post.

To which you replied with a (at least apparent) lie. That you then seemingly admitted but yet took offence at being called disingenuous.

How can you expect anyone to engage with you further on substance of merit if one can't trust what you are posting? I'll ask you once more: did you read an article about Harris yesterday, in the Independant, where "he put his foot in it?" Or were you lieing? If you were, admit it and i wont quote you anymore. I'll even block you because people like you aren't worthy of my time - or indeed others.

If there was an article, please post the link, even if behind a firewall, then apologies and i'll also move on.

If you keep on avoiding the question then you deserve to keep on being called out for what you are.

Thank goodness your blocking me (I presume you mean ignoring) what a relief 😏

• Advertisement

Avoiding the question again.

Also, the irony of you digging around in my old posts while your own profile is set to private😂

Advertisement