Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Scraper - wiring diagram

• 18-12-2021 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

alfco 3 bay push pull electric scraper here. One of the gangs is only working when switched to manual. The timer still rotates (new 1 swapped in) and switches the circuit (small bulb indicates that) but does not operate the scraper.... I think the remote sensor out at push pull ram must have got damaged... Where to start. Might anyone have a wiring diagram to give me an indication of whether its a screwdriver fix or powerhose and shovel job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

open the box and make sure the switch isn’t caked in dirt and stuck in position.

I don’t think a wiring diagram is supplied with them.

when you operate it on manual does it stop when it returns home or does it just keep going up and down ??

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭G-Man

Its here a few years -. Anyhow the 3 way position switch timer/OFF/manual is faulty - its moving fine but never connects the timer position. Could not figure it out without help of multimeter.. Bit disappointing there isnt more indication in them ..e.g an indicator lamp to confirm which way switch position is.

As an aside is there any emergency off button on any of these installations - i was surprised to see a new install with no visible OFF switch - its matter of clambering up the wall and fiddling with the cover panel and switching it -off - but which off .. Surely there should be for safety reason a big red push switch like on other modern equipment. The old one here does not - but its here a few years..

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭G-Man

Got sorted - 3 way switch from electrical supplier and spray of wd40 to loosen it up.. Alls well again in scraperland... Thank you all.

Advertisement