Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What running stuff did Santy bring?

• 25-12-2021 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭

Borrowing this idea from the cycling forum!

Santy brought me my Zoom Flys a few weeks in advance, didn’t want to weigh down the sleigh. Apart from shoes (4-5 pairs a year) there isn’t much else I need these days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

I got a lot of presents of socks this year, 1000 mile brand. I don’t believe they’ll last me that long, but I’ll see. Got a nice pair of Reebok Floatride Energy, super runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I have a couple of pairs of 1000 mile socks dating back to 2012. Haven’t tracked the mileage but they last if you don’t lose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Got feck all, was on the naughty list 🤣

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I'm half afraid to type this...

Zoomfly 4

Alphafly

Fuelcell TC

Compression socks x 2

Running tops x 4

Flipbelt

SIS gels

Some from the missus i.e. me. And various family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭FinnC

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭FinnC

A Paris Marathon 2022 entry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Some list. You must have been really well behaved all year

Very well behaved. To be fair that list is spread across parents, sisters,missus and others.. I'm not loaded. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭racersedge

Neither are any of us after all the deals you posted throughout the year! 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Don't know how to just quote selectively anymore... Anyway, do you mind saying what kind of mileage you do per year to get through 4 or 5 pairs of runners?

I know it depends on person, running style, type of shoe etc... But I'm finding a few pairs of runners I really don't like seem to be lasting forever! I've a few new pairs in storage ready to enter circulation when some of the older ones are ready for the bin.

To kind of link back to the thread, I picked up a few pairs of asics over Christmas / black Friday, including reduced metaride on sports shoes website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Jaysus thats some list😳🤣🤣

I got some socks, leggings, a head lamp & a pair of Alphafly in bright orange!

Finally you've succumb to the Nike supershoe! Woohoo.

Surprisingly I got no leggings.

Well, she had the vaporflys before I did. Some great deals on the alphafly at the moment, but I'll be sticking to the VF. (Must not let this thread degrade into the shoe thread).

Why the compression socks, P? Not a technology I've embraced, have one pair alright but haven't worn them in about two years.

Yeah the girls got them for me in one of the many sales!

I got a lovely pair of NB leggings for when it gets cold again 😊

Post edited by Laineyfrecks on

You're right I forgot about the 4% although the way things are gone I'd barely consider them a supershoe like the Next% or alphafly..

Believe it or not the compression socks are nothing to do with any science. I actually just like the feel of them. Hard to explain. Just something comforting about having my calfs wrapped up especially when racing. Probably why I have a soft spot for the aul' tights too. Lol

I'm with you, love the feeling of the compression socks on, like a little hug for your calves 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Find the compression socks also help a bit with recovery

TbL

I have one pair but only wear on long flights these days. Except there are no long flights. Maybe Chicago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

I use to wear them after a long run, but I haven't done a proper long run in years. I'd probably wear a super shoe for a long run now which would be better for the recovery. I got 3 long sleeve tops but it's so mild this winter I hardly need them.

• Advertisement

Hi there - I do 2,000 miles plus, so I’d go through at least four pairs at about 500 miles per pair. Sometimes I get a good bit more out of a pair, but I find that even though there might be some more wear left in the soles (I’m fairly light on my feet and run on a decent variety of surfaces), the cushioning tends to feel hard once that kind of mileage has been amassed. And some pairs get retired early because I just don’t like them.

Having said that, I do think many of us go through too many shoes. Favourite pairs get turned into walking shoes for me and sometimes get worn til they fall apart. The rest I clean up and donate, there are plenty of outlets for extending their use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭ariana`

I bought myself 2 pairs of new kicks (at that time when @Swashbuckler was obviously thinking about setting up a club for stone broke newly divorced runners) but I didn't get any gifts of running gear. My OH thinks I have way too much already (I don't know what has him thinking that 🤔) and I haven't seen anyone else this Christmas to get gifts (isolation for another few days).

😆😆😆 Well technically I bought them myself too but they were officially Xmas presents and not opened til Xmas day. Hope everyone is coming round in your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

I bought my husband endorphin speeds - trying to bring him over to the dark side - not sure it’s a wise idea as he might hog my running time .

for me :

endorphin pros ( god knows why ( bloody gear thread)

2 pair of lululemon running shorts ( best things ever ever)

Running bra

Massage gun ( now to do enough running to need one !)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭4Ad

Lovley blue Endorphin Speed 2's...

Not really needed but it was my treat to myself !!

And nice Under Armour running socks..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

A nice new pair of trail runners for me, Saucony Peregrine 11s for 99 euro in a local outdoor sports shop.

Do little bits of trail running here and there and hadn't bought a new pair of trail shoes in years so was an easy sell.

They had them in the same Future Black colourway as my Endorphin Speeds but I liked the red and blue combination above more.

I had been looking at the Pegasus trail shoes that were around the same price but reviews were very poor on them for some types of surface...slippery when wet it seems.

Nice. My own trail shoes must be 8 or 9 years old and sadly still going strong (I say ‘sadly’ because that means I don’t use them nearly enough).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

It's the nature of having to travel to places to do some trail running that puts my off, it's a time poor kind of problem when I can get a run in starting/finishing from my own house. Will try to wear this pair out though in the coming years, unlike the Nike Zoom Kigers I have from previous that probably got more worn doing stuff other than trail running.

Advertisement