Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Harry Potter HBO Special

• 20-12-2021 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure whether to put this in film or TV but given it will inevitably end up in a debate about the series, I thought it was best here:

https://youtu.be/6N90KOF7ZMU

I grew up with the books, films and follow the talk even now, mostly dominated by JK's trans comments. I'm looking forward to this immensely, hopefully they won't need a mediator like Corden.

Edit, sorry I've no idea how to add YT videos on the new site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It looks like they hadn't the balls to invite JK Rowling to be part of it out of fear from the backlash they would get.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Fair enough but the actors involved shouldn’t want to be involved in a universe created by someone they presumably disagree with then. You can’t have it both ways IMO.

And without her books then there’d be no films so you can’t disconnect the two however much they want to. It’s the selective outrage that annoys me and depending on who the person is people will justify it. It’s funny how some people can “grow” from saying and doing horrible **** but some can’t. Either everyone should be held to the same standard or nobody is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm happy for JK to continue having the influence she has as on the property with WB as long as what she produces is quality.

I think she probably knows now she has to greenlight something that will please the fans beyond Fantastic Beasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

The things Rawlings says aren't remotely as bad as issusing rape and death threats. Nothing she ever said is as cowardly and scummy and doxing her home address to millions on social media

Musk recently tore wokeness to pieces. The veil has dropped and exposed the woke movement as hate as harassment. It's days are numbered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

No JK Rowling reeks of the 21st century liberal woke agenda

The moment I decided I was going to not take everything in good faith was the Jessie smollett fiasco when people were tripping over themselves to tweet that they stood with him and all along it was this warped publicity stunt because his career wasn’t going the way he felt it should go, so he staged a racist and homophobic attack to get sympathy. People go on and on about equality and so they should because people should be free to live how they want and nobody is above or below anyone else imo. However, equality of that kind should also apply to equality of consequences. Maybe that’s an over simplistic view of it but it can’t be a selective outrage. Call balls and strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Apparently it was Rowling's own decision not to be involved.

Advertisement