Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can't Resale My Tickets

• 24-12-2021 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi any help with this matter I'd be very grateful.

I recently purchased tickets to a concert next year, on the Ticketmaster app.

Unfortunately, I learned after

booking. The dates Clash with a family wedding.

It says Resale Unavailable

Transfer Unavailable.

I have contacted Ticketmaster about this and was told once it say Resale Unavailable

Transfer Unavailable that option is not available to me.

I also asked can i sell them privately myself, i haven't heard anything back, yet.

Just wondering has this happen anyone else, and is there anyway round this.

and will i just have to lose my money on the tickets.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Of course you can resell them. Stick them on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Thanks for your, reply the problem is the tickets are on the Ticketmaster app,

It's says Your Phone is Your Ticket

Just display the barcodes below on your mobile device, to be scanned at the door.

Can I print the tickets and sell or will they only work on the app.

Thanks

Put them up as "phone display tickets", screen capture them and sell the cap. Just explain it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is it one of those concerts which require proof of ID for the name on the ticket? If not, you can sell privately

It's the Garth Brooks concert, and I don't think it allows you to print them off the app,

• Advertisement

You can screen capture the codes

Would you believe it won't let you screen shot the tickets due to security policy.

Unless Ticketmaster can reissue the tickets to me by post and i cant see them doing that, or i can transfer them privately by lending my account to a trusted person, but that really limits my option on selling them.

Thanks everyone with your advice with this its very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

What security policy?

you could always screenshot from the app?

I open the app on my phone, and when I try and screen shot the tickets, it says unable to screen shot the tickets due to ticket security policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Perhaps a different screenshot app may do it.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

What date is it for?

Saturday September 17th

Thanks again all for your help, I managed to sort out the screen shot issue,

It let me screen shot the tickets from the desktop site.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Contact tm and request Physical tickets, probably charge but easier to sell.

Hi all just been told, by Ticketmaster

the only way, the tickets can me use is with the Ticketmaster account which

purchase, them, The tickets cannot be reissue in a different format, screeshots or print outs won't work,

and if, is says Resale Unavailable and

Transfer Unavailable,

This option is not available for your chosen concert.

The only way around this is to make your account available to a trusted person.

So that's it then, I suppose for the genuine people needing to sell their tickets its unfortunate,

The one good thing is, they are really clamping down on ticket touts,

Its disappointing to hear that but still dont believe it. They were forced to shut down their tout site (getmein) but have just dressed it up differently. It is just a ploy to stop secondary ticket sales so they can maximise their sales. TM have been caught facilitating touts so that is rubbish, indeed they still allow it in the states. They call it platinum and dynamic pricing. I have given screen shots of my tickets to the wife for the 3 arena and she had no problems.

https://www.ft.com/content/b9f9af7a-9fc5-11e8-85da-eeb7a9ce36e4

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'll take them. Gimme 2 weeks to get the monies together.

Agreed. It is bollix. They are trying to put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Dynamic barcodes, i.e change every so often havent been introduced in Ireland yet.

They are common enough in the US and AXS use them in the UK. The QR code changes every 60 seconds.

Screenshot them from the mobile site on your phone, they will work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

I’m in a similar position - have four tickets but want to give two pairs to two people. I presume every ticket is unique and its ok to split up the four tickets?

There’s an FAQ on the TM which mentions everyone must arrive together, but I don’t fully buy it:

Do all members in my booking have to arrive together if I have selected eTicket delivery?

Yes, all members in your booking must arrive together if they remain within your original order as scanning will be conducted on your (the purchaser’s) mobile device.

• Advertisement

Thanks all for all your replies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I’m in the same position although I have a physical ticket. I can’t resell my standing ticket for Future Islands as the gig is next Monday and a resell requires a minimum of 5 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Post edited by Lisha on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MaryHolly

Having the exact same issue. It's such a scam. Paid a lot of money for two tickets I can unfortunately use now and no way of selling them on. Who would trust a screenshot? I don't think many people would.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,803 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Why not, a print off of tickets are fine. Screenshot too… print offs could be photocopies but I’ve never been scammed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I've used a screenshot recently to get into a gig and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭goalie2

I am in a similar situation as I can't go to the script this Tuesday due to family situation . The option for resale is not available but the transfer option is open I think means o could sell them on as the person gives me their email address and has a Ticketmaster account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, I've done that plenty of times, find a buyer, they Revolut you and you transfer using the email linked to their Ticketmaster account.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭goalie2

Great thank you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it won't let you do a screen shot on the app, you can always open the ticketmaster site on a PC and use PrtScn to save the image, which can then be cropped just to the 'ticket'.

Advertisement