Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tractor driving back experience

Options
  • 26-12-2021 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

I was at a tractor run and realised just how many different models of tractor I’d love to be able to drive even for 15mins similar to the super car/ luxury car driving experiences. Was wondering if there is any service like this available anywhere in the country? Farming background and years of contracting gave me the chance to drive a lot of different makes and models but certainly would love a chance to drive a few others that aren’t easily accessible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You're from a farming background?

Step 1: Rent a fancy car/jeep for the day.

Step 2: Drive to a dealer and be very interested in the new fancy yoke he has out front as you have more money than sense. Ask for a demo for your home farm.

Step 3: Spend the day driving it around.

(Joking of course. Half joking anyway)

Why don't you just do a few days driving for a local fella you know who has a decent fleet. Shouldn't be too big of an issue if you have plenty of experience and it's not that easy to get drivers these days. I'm sure he could make use of you on a few Saturdays coming up tot he Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Both of these are reasonable options 😂. The second is a good idea in fairness. I do a bit of that during the summer but was wondering if there were other options

• Registered Users Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Contact GRASSMEN.

They're up in the North. But it's only a drive away. From what they have they've fingers in every pie including a magazine out.

I'm sure this would be a minor thing for them to facilitate. And if it was any good it might even be another commercial element for them.

Let us know how it goes, if it goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

https://www.facebook.com/TheGrassmen

Advertisement