Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeep or van towing capacities

• 21-12-2021 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Long story short, I've a 1.9 nissan primastar van and if my work goes the way I'm hoping, I'll be pulling a small 2.7 ton digger with me the odd day. I know the full weight of the van trailer and digger can't exceed 3.5 ton, and the van won't last too long.

Saying the above and watching other lads I can see that most are overloaded.

Is there any other van with a higher rated towing capacity? I'd far prefer a van than a jeep.

Most days I'm pulling a single axle road compressor around the country weighing 750kg, and the van is fine for that, but won't pull the bigger load. At the moment I'm hiring mini diggers local to the job which is a pain for its own reasons.

Comments

Advertisement