Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Myenergi products

• 13-05-2021 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭

I have a Solis hynrid inverter and was wondering (if it's possible) to move to the myenergi ecosystem completely as the Solis apps are not great.

1. Wondering which devices are needed, the hub and harvi to monitor all my PV generation and battery, and zappi if I want EV charging?
    2. I also wonder how intrusive the installation is, I heard you can use wireless CT clamps (harvi) which is nice
    3. Anyone know if you can obtain data locally, directly from the hub, without the cloud, for getting live data.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

SD_DRACULA wrote: »
    I have a Solis hynrid inverter and was wondering (if it's possible) to move to the myenergi ecosystem completely as the Solis apps are not great.

1. Wondering which devices are needed, the hub and harvi to monitor all my PV generation and battery, and zappi if I want EV charging?
    2. I also wonder how intrusive the installation is, I heard you can use wireless CT clamps (harvi) which is nice
    3. Anyone know if you can obtain data locally, directly from the hub, without the cloud, for getting live data.

Zappi2 is the car charger and is the wonder of the moment with the PV panels as you likely aware.
    To figure out what is being exported to the grid it requires CT clamp (comes with a CT clamp), if you can feed this directly to the Zappi1 2 then you are done.
    If not, then you can feed the CT Clamp to a small Harvi unit which will communicate over proprietary radio waves to the Zappi2 so no drilling, the Harvi takes it's power supply from the CT clamp.

The hub allows use of the App and is also the device that requires hard connection via ethernet cable to your network/router, it also requires a 3pin socket.
    The hub talks to the MyEnergi servers and lets you know how your PV panels (if clamped) are generating, house consumption as well as Zappi controls.

All live data is via their servers but you can physically see this data on the face of the Zappi2 little screen, that's the only way to access locally.
    They also have an online account where you can see more data.

They recently moved servers and I've found uptime quite hit and miss.
    Really great UI though and great to have full control via your phone app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Ok so the harvi can be installed at the consumer unit, send its CT data to the hub and I can put the hub in the attic beside the inverter/network gear for the rj45 cable, assuming the harvi can send data that far) and I need to clamp the pv.
    And how does it see the battery part?

AFAIK the current MyEnergi setup cannot differenciate between battery and grid fed supply, I don't think it can see what's going into the battery from the PV panels either.
    I have all my gear within 10m and communication never an issue

Any idea if they have open their API to locally obtain live data and not get old data from the cloud like the Solis?

No idea, I don't live in that API world, sounds interesting but not anything I know of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Not sure if you can access the API. Seems a closed system.

They have a users forum where you find out more.

https://myenergi.info/

Yeah I found the forum alright, along with a bunch of people complaining they don't open the API locally, typical
    Why would anyone ever need live data from their systems...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Deagol

Yeah I found the forum alright, along with a bunch of people complaining they don't open the API locally, typical
    Why would anyone ever need live data from their systems...

My eddi / hub system reacts pretty fast, updates every few seconds so it's pretty up to date compared to the Solis app ~6 minutes. Not sure what the advantage would be of having live readings.

There’s a new Solis App that updates on the fly “SolisCloud”, same sign on details as old App

Yup solis cloud, they're moving away from the solarman app this month or the next and they do have API access but still 5 minute old data so not much help.

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    There’s a new Solis App that updates on the fly “SolisCloud”, same sign on details as old App

Have you switched to it? I tried yesterday but it said my data was already in the system and my supplier is having to get them to manually move me across.

Yeah it asked me to migrate and it works on both apps still but I did this at the same I set the logger for the first time.
    Have you tried logging into the new app with the old app username/password?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have both apps on the go now. I don't think the new app updates on the fly though, it's still relying on the same datalogger attached the inverter so it's still 5 minutes I think?

Yes 5 mins still.
    Someone managed to piggyback a raspberry pi zero onto the logger stick and this way they can get data locally and also send to the cloud which is ideal. Need to find out how though.

Yeah it asked me to migrate and it works on both apps still but I did this at the same I set the logger for the first time.
    Have you tried logging into the new app with the old app username/password?

Yeah, but it gives me the error saying user already exists.

Give the solis support guys a shout, I found them to be very helpful

Give the solis support guys a shout, I found them to be very helpful

The installer has already talked to them and they are going to port my info across.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭AnswerIs42

Yes 5 mins still.
    Someone managed to piggyback a raspberry pi zero onto the logger stick and this way they can get data locally and also send to the cloud which is ideal. Need to find out how though.

Log into your Data logger via it's IP Address. (admin/admin is default username/password)
    Advanced -> Remote Server
    Add second IP address to send the data to.
    You can build your own API to take the data, parse it out and save it locally.

Doesn't work on my logger, Server B never sends any data, apparently they changed something in their API a while back and stopped that from working. In any case it would still be sending data every 1 minute at the very least.
    Need to look at modbus hack for live data

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Hi. I have a Zappi, Eddi, Harvi and a hub which all works well via my phone app. I have an image in the centre on the energi phone app screen which I presume is for the PV (green leaf) but it doesn’t give any info on output. All the other applications are connected to the centre. Should I be able to see the PV output? (Solis inverter in use)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭THE ALM

The green leaf should give you a breakdown on how much of your consumption in generated by solar, from the grid and exported. To see your solar output you will need a ct clamp attached to the live feed coming from the inverter, generally attached at the consumer unit end. There then should be a symbol like a solar panel showing what you are generating.

Thanks ALM. This is what my phone app looks like. My lack of knowledge is catching up on me! My Solis cloud app does show the output etc.

You don't have CT clamp on your PV feed, the myenergi products only come with so many clamps so installer bit mean not to pick one up, only just over €20

Cheers. If the Solis app is picking up the info (via ct clamp?) could I connect the myenergi app to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭THE ALM

You have all the myenergi products so shouldn't be a big deal to get you sorted.

Have you the hub, eddi or zappi near the inverter or consumer unit? Can be within 5m as the CT clamp cable is this length.

I assume that a ct is coming from the zappi to the meter for grid production, this is generally the way it is done (might be differenet in your case), you then have connections for 2 additional ct's from the zappi, the harvi has connections for another 3 and then the eddi another 2.

So you need a ct clamp coming from one of these to the positive (brown) coming from the inverter to your consumer unit to measure solar production. I have ours coming from the harvi beside the inverter, some will have the harvi beside the consumer unit and the ct attached at the consumer end.

Do you have a spare ct clamp?

EDIT: What is your harvi measuring at the minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭buzz11

Eddi diverter; what setting do I change in order to reduce exporting solar surplus to the grid?

I want the eddi to put all surplus into the hot water immersion until that reaches temperature and then export after that (I don't have any batteries)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

It should just work? What behaviour are you seeing?

I've finally got around to hard wiring my Zappi so will have a 1 year used Harvi to sell on if anyone is interested....

Advertisement