Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Celebrity Beer Wine and Spirits

• 20-12-2021 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

There might already be a thread on this already but I read on the Guardian on Saturday an article about Rose wine and the popularity of WhisperingAngel and Adele who wrote a song 'I drink Wine'. As far as i remember at this time the only celebrity wine I've drunk is GN Proscecco and Godforgive me but I always link him with the dancing Father Noel Furlong whereas Hackett says it best 'Drink, drink, drink!'.Another poster has posted that Kylie has a wine, and I heard that GClooney has a wineyard and mmaMcgregor has his propertwelvewhisky so please add to this thread any suggestions of other celebrity produced/approved beers, wines spirits to drink🍷🍹🍺🥂🥃

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The Sarah Jessica Parker Invivo Sauvignon Blanc (NZ) is very nice. Haven't had the rose yet but it's also from Invivo.

The Kylie red would go down a storm at parties or watching a TOTP replay on BBC4! The white and rose are ok.

Was disappointed with the Graham Norton prosescco, his other wines are nice.

The Gordon Ramsay 'Intenso' Italian red has some good reviews, would like to check it out while seeing him make a clown of himself with Gino and Fred :)

Ian Botham has a vineyard in Australia, makes some blockbuster reds, Tesco used to stock them but seem to have been dropped.

Sam Neill's Twin Paddocks NZ Pinot Noir is very nice but pricey - €45, as you can get pinot noir of similar quality from Australia\NZ for €25.

Gary Barlow just launched a range of organic wine but I don't know much about them.

#Brangalina had a rose, Chateau Miraval, haven't sampled it yet either. Think Brad Pitt still involved.

I haven't had the McGregor "Proper 12" whiskey... it's pretty much the same liquid as Bushmills white label which is €10 cheaper from what I've read so I haven't tasted it yet.

George Clooney sold the Tequila brand he was involved with, Casamigos, to Diageo for $1 billion.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Rick Astley co-owns a brewery in London with Mikkeller.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Proper 12 is inferior to Bushmills White.

Danny de Vito *had* a limoncello but I think it's off the market now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Iron Maiden has a few beers, made by Robinsons' Brewery. It's been a few years since I had "Trooper", which was pretty widely available in Ireland, but if I recall correctly it was a pretty pedestrian English ale. Maybe for the sandals and socks CAMRA crowd.

Bob Dylan has a line of bourbons - Heaven's Door.

Matthew McConaughey did a collab with Woodford Reserve called Longbranch.

Nick Offerman has a Lagavulin edition named after him (It's pretty good but prices are high for any Lagavulin bottlings like this, where supply is outstripped by demand).

The Rock and Kyle Jenner obviously have tequilas? The Rock's is called Teremana.

As far as McGregor's Proper 12 goes, I always found it hilarious that it's sourced from Bushmills considering the populist nationalist stuff he comes out with every now and again. I'm not saying it's not Irish, obviously it is, but they're odd bedfellows considering his views on things and considering Bushmills' slightly chequered past.

And also in MMA there's Josh Barnett, with a line of bourbons called Warmaster. He selects the bourbon, I think the last batch was mesquite smoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Trooper was a huge hit for Iron Maiden / Robinson's. 30 million pints sold according to the site! IIRC Robinson's had to add an extra shift at the factory at the beginning such was the demand. Now seems to be about ten beers in the range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Ryan Reynolds - Aviation American Gin I recall Diageo bought it for something like 600 million.

Dan Aykroyd - Crystal head Vodka.

Advertisement