Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Love it, will look forward to that. Never usually on at this time of the year but we can thank general covid for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Looking forward to it myself even though it has gone a bit stale over the last few series. Not like theres much on in January either so will be watching

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Was looking for the thread. Reminder that it starts at 9pm tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I think it was originally on in winter season and was changed to summer season at some point.

Haven't watched it for a good few seasons now, might do this year. The last winner I recall was, oh what was his name, oh yeah, Ricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Glad to see it back, I’ve watched most of the seasons. Hopefully it’s entertaining and at least a few of the contestants are serious about winning the show and not just in for the exposure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Great show, every season always throws up one or two over zealous, super confident ediots.

Who's the new sidekick?

The entertaining ones in the earlier stages then the serious contestants at the business end of the show.

No Claude Littner back this year after his accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Never remember it being on in January before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Here we go.

I've missed it. Certainly diminishing returns at this stage but still enjoyable.

Wonder how the Irish fella will get on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The boys viral video had 'Never Ending Nautical' as the brand name and the ad had 'Seaquility' as the name and no mention of it at all. Anyway plenty of incompetence there to keep me happy for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Thought the girls did reasonably well there.

As for Akeem... don't know how he survived that. Maybe he's got a good business plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Very surprised Akeem wasn't fired, that logo was absolutely terrible but hilarious to be fair!

Really looking forward to next week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Love that this is back, enjoyed tonights show but I have never seen such utter rubbish as regards what was pitched by both sides. There was some decent feedback from members of the teams but the PM's just didn't listen, especially with glaring faults like poor cruise name and the other featuring no name with a crazy coloured logo that deserved them to fail on that alone. Leader on the womens team Catherine was atrocious in how she handled feedback and input from her team. Agreed Akeem should have gone.

That ship they are on is brand new, don't think anyone had even cruised on it at time of filming, if you can't come up with a decent campaign from strolling around it you need help.

The Logo from the boys team was like something a 6 year old would come up with.

Harry was a dose ("he'll see me on the Fortune 500" was a hilarious parting comment) and was never going to last but the fact that Akshe got away with that atrocious logo is bewildering. Lord Sugar clearly didn't like Harry as he was no way responsible for that loss.

The girls PM was an absolute arsehole throughout the task and by managing to be simply not as bad as the boys team, she crawled through. I can imagine she'll probably be thinking she hit home run after home run throughout it when in fact, she was appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Was wondering was the ship actually sailing at all when they were on it - didn't think so as the outside shots were all ariel views and you couldn't see the contestants.

Really couldn't believe that he didn't fire Harry, normally with those type of contestants he'd say that they have to be PM the following week etc. Must be keeping Akshe in it for entertainment value

Harry didn’t seem to deserve to be the one to go but he must have been a bit of a nuisance behind the scenes. That logo was so bad the person responsible for it should have went.

He did seem to be a pain throughout, constantly highlighting how bad it was after the fact and then making grand statements in the board room of the others' overall suitability to win the whole thing which came off as far too arrogant.

Likely would have been fine had he shut up a bit.

Agreed that the logo designer should have gone on merit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The ladies PM seems a bit of a stranger to reality. Got a positive spin on everything and unable to listen.

You cant polish a turd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,247 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I always think the trick is to keep your head down in the first 3 or so episodes, someone always makes a fool of themselves and going early is a lottery. Anyone who has seen it and puts their hand up for PM in the first episode is a mug. A couple of the lads seemed like they might be competent enough, didn’t get names but the stocky black lad and the tall white lad.

Irish lad kept his head down apart from the presentation. I remember him playing pro rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

He said it to the other lads when they were designing it, he had hand drawn his own design and wanted to discuss it more. So definitely not after the fact. But he was a pain in the hoop like a lot of the rest of them.

I know that. What I meant was that after it had been decided and designed, he kept going on about how bad it was after the fact. Like when they called the other sub-team, he jumped in to warn how bad it was before they saw it and later on said to the sub-team that it was nothing to do with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

The trouble is you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. If you speak up too much during the task you're not a team player. And if you don't speak up, you're accused of hiding in the background. I think it was his arrogant final statement that sealed his fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,158 ✭✭✭tanko

I missed this last night, is it repeated during the week before next weeks programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭unichick

Loving it so far & so good to have it back.

Maybe it was just me, but the episode felt a little bit more low-key due to covid limitations. But I think it was probably better for it? Felt more like an older style episode, which were always better.

There are a few big personalities in this year, Aaron Willis, Francesca and Kathryn in particular. I see trouble between Francesca and Kathryn. Seemed to be a bit of tension between them in the task.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭McFly85

I can see why Harry went, the logo was possibly the worst thing I’ve ever seen but he set up his stall early on to blame everyone else and looked to take up loads of time from the team. If he was smart he would have piped down after his idea was rejected and let Akeem take the fall.

Overall I really enjoyed it! Plenty of overconfident idiots to keep me entertained over the next few weeks!

• Advertisement

I never understand why anyone puts their head above the parapets in the first episode.

Advertisement