Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moderna booster.

• 20-12-2021 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭

Got my moderna booster yesterday and I'm absolutely floored today. Feels like the flu I'll probably have to leave work early I cant concentrate. My original jabs were Pfizer. Has anyone else had this experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,783 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I was in receipt of the Moderna booster after Pfizer vaccines.

i had zero side effects after the Pfizer shots but I was reasonably fatigued for 24 hours following the Moderna booster.. exact same feeling as jetlag…no flu symptoms aside from being tired and lethargic…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Got Moderna yesterday about 4PM. Felt like a medium hangover earlier, but that's abated with a bit of Nuerofen. Was always the following evening on the previous jabs when I felt poorly, so maybe it's yet to come...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Went to a pharmacy that had walk-in booster shots on Friday, because I had to pick up my daughter on Saturday at university in Washington, DC and her roommate had a 104.1 degree Fahrenheit fever and tested positive for Covid. My original two shots were Moderma as was the booster. Daughter tested negative for Covid on Friday. My arm only hurt, no bad effects and I was driving for 8 hours on Saturday.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Same as you OP. About 48 hours of flu-like symptoms with mild fever and fatigue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,563 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I have heard 2 people complaining about swollen glands and fatigue after Moderna.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Also had Moderna booster after previously having Pfizer. Had my on Saturday morning and arm is still sore today. I was very lethargic yesterday also but started to get better towards the evening.

Feel fine today other than the sore arm

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The MVCs are using Moderna as booster. GPs and pharmacies seem to have Pfizer for boosters.

I read something to the effect that there are large stocks of Moderna to use up? Wonder if the MVCs will switch to Pfizer soon?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

First dose: moderna, sore arm

Second dose: moderna, sore arm

Booster: moderna, sore arm

The MVCs had 1 million+ doses of stock in early December. It will be a while before they revert back to Pfizer. You're right, the GPs/Chemists seem to be still using Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Will most likely be getting Pfizer for the booster from my GP after initially getting Moderna. Would prefer to get Moderna for the booster as well tbh. It's effectiveness seems to last longer than the Pfizer vaccine.

• Advertisement

Go to a MVC then. Plenty spikevax in all of them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Had the moderna booster, original vaccinations were also moderna. No side effects.

Got Moderna booster yesterday. Bit of a sore arm is all. Same as when I got the Pfizer shots originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Psychedelic Hedgehog

Had a Moderna booster the week before last, on top of a double Pfizer initial vaccination. Sore arm for 2 days or so, and extreme tiredness from about 24 hours after the jab for another 24 hours. Fine after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Got Moderna yesterday evening. Not 100% today but I can live it it if it doesn't get any worse. I'm tired and a bit shivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Moderna last Tuesday

1st dose Astra - slightly sore arm for maybe 4 days

2nd dose Astra - slightly sore gone in less than 24 hrs

Last Tues Moderna - sore like I got a belt of a hammer in the arm. Soreness woke me up during the night (I may have rolled over on it). Slight headache and felt freezing cold Wednesday. Actual soreness faded but a pain in my arm if I lifted it above horizontal. Pain eased Thursday, all clear Friday.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Had Moderna booster on Thursday lunchtime. Had a very painful arm, shivers, fatigue by late on Thursday; Friday & Saturday the same, with muscle & joint aches, and glands swollen in my armpit as well. Also had some mild palpitations on Saturday evening (around 25-30 beats faster than usual resting heart rate so nothing dramatic like 150+ HR, but could still feel it). Today, Monday, my arm is a teeny bit painful still.

I had Pfizer for my first two doses and had NOTHING like this, aside from the sore arm which was gone by the end of the next day. Booster really floored me. Still glad to have got it though!

Post edited by gutenberg on

Advertisement