Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

most economical car

• 14-12-2021 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

due to change of job i'm doing alot of miles now and wondering what the best and easiest run small car out there for around 2000 -3000 euro,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

1.4 D4D Toyota Corolla from the mid 00s

Put thousands of miles on 2 of them and they were flawless#, still on the road now with over 250,000 miles on one of them.

Bombproof

#gearbox is an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jenalone

so diesel the way to go so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

For that money I would advise diesel.

An 05-08 in a 1.4 Toyota diesel. Your budget may stretch to an Auris in fact.

Others may disagree of course

• Registered Users Posts: 51,098 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You need to provide more information. What annual mileage will you be doing, how many miles will your daily commute be? Is it mostly motorway driving, b roads or lots of stop/start traffic?

You also need to think about comfort, small cars are not designed for long commuting and are not as comfortable as a bigger car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭pcardin

I believe Audi A2 diesel was the most economical car for that budget and vintage if you can find one. 1.4tdi to be exact. Some owners claiming as high as 70mpg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭kirving

The biggest factor in fuel economy for most 1.6-2.0l diesels will be your right foot. Most economy claims you see online are exaggerated IMO. Don't let it factor too much into your decision, and drive whatever car you buy sensibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,098 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd look for something with cruise control too, it's a gift for long commutes.

Advertisement