Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.

Defender 90 VRT

• 08-12-2021 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭ Robotack

Lads I'm looking at a defender 90. It's 1994 so not quite classic yet. Does anyone know what kinda VRT I'm into?? 3 seats in front & no seats or Windows in the rear.

Essentially it's no different to a Berlingo van, but since the online calculator doesn't have the vehicle, I guess I could be gambling.

Btw, it's on NI plates pre Brexit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,891 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm

€200 VRT as far as I know.

passenger one would also be liable for around €5k in NoX charges, doesn’t apply to a commercial though.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭ Robotack

That's what I'd be thinking but then I'm hearing stories about the internal capacity being too small to constitute being a goods vehicle etc. Hard to know who to listen to. But of course they won't give a price until you present it, at which point you've bought it.

There was a situation around 10 years ago where certain SWB had to pay like 13% because of load bay length vs overall length, like old shape Pajeros (91-98 shape)

I think the rules changed in the meantime. I reckon if this was commercial from the factory that there shouldn’t be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭ doctorchopper

It's most likely going to be 13% of open market value. The 200 euro charge is only for vans

What is a van? If the Defender is category N1 then it’s a van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭ O.A.P

200 euro and that's it.

For sure before they decided to make trade difficult.

Not so sure anymore.

Advertisement