Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Albums without a single bad track on them

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Been listening to Audioslave's self titled debut album, and it's an absolute cracker of an album.

The follow up, Out of Exile was nowhere near as good as it... in fact I'd even say its a bad album...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Stuck on some old school Smashing Pumpkins today to get the taste of their recent synth pop efforts out of my mouth, and agree with D9Male on the previous page - Siamese Dream is definitely up there in my list of albums without a poor track. Soma in particular is a masterpiece. On a sidenote, I spent years thinking James Iha did the guitar solo on that song until I saw them playing it live and realised just how talented a guitarist Billy Corgan is, most rock frontmen with a guitar just play rhythm.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

Chroma by RSAG .....released during 1st lockdown. Every song is unreal. Put on the headphones and take a walk. It took 10 years for this Kilkenny musician to release a new album but my god was it worth the wait. But still they play Nathan Carter on the radio .......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Chroma by RSAG .....released during 1st lockdown. Every song is unreal. Put on the headphones and take a walk. It took 10 years for this Kilkenny musician to release a new album but my god was it worth the wait. But still they play Nathan Carter on the radio .......

I saw him play years ago and never knew he had an album out. I may check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

Rothko wrote:
    I saw him play years ago and never knew he had an album out. I may check it out.

Yep it went under the radar a little in all the lockdown frenzy. It is my best album of 2020 by far. Have a listen and see what you think. The Spark is a brilliant track but every song gives you something different. Let me know what you think !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭nc6000

JackTC wrote: »
    I cannot recommend Carrie & Lowell by Sufjan Stevens enough.

It is (in my opinion) the greatest album of the last 10 years

Thanks for that, it's a good album. Can't say I had heard of him before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

there is no perfect album all have tracks u wanna skip

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

there is no perfect album all have tracks u wanna skip

Metallica 84 -88

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I just noticed today that I liked every track on Infected by The The. I think one track grew on me over time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Sorry for not going through the whole thread.Not a fan of them. But Iron Maiden must have album without singles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Metallica 84 -88

Particularly the one from '86

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭spring lane jack

It takes a nation of millions to hold us back -Public Enemy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Sorry misread the OP. Joshua Tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Found this thread during read-only model and have just finished listening to the box-set of Alabama 3 Exile on Coldharbor Lane.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I didn't realise there was a box set. Reviews look good, I'll definitely be buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I played The Golden Age of Wireless by Thomas Dolby last night and realised this (for me) is another album without a single bad track.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

I love that part of the album. I think it's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Played Horslips Book of Invasions last night, lost none of its power after all these years. An absolute classic from first groove to last and so criminally underrated.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Gonna add

Flaming lips : the soft bulletin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Squeez - East Of Eden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Don’t you mean East Side Story ? A fine album for sure, but not flawless. F Hole is not great for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭chicorytip

East Side Story,of course!! 😊 Even it's weakest track is a good 'un.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I thought I'd posted here previously, but I can't see it.

Judas Priest's Painkiller is an absolute revelation for me. I've been listening to Black Sabbath for approaching 25 years and I only recently started listening to JP. They have some really mixed albums. Defenders of the Faith would make the cut for no bad song too, but Painkiller is just amazing. It came after a weak spot for the band but just absolutely kicks off from the first track and keeps going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭pah

IMHO - Taste is a factor obviously but albums I will listen to without getting the itch to hit the skip button.

REM - Automatic for the People

SP - Siamese Dream

RHCP - Californication

Coldplay - Parachutes

The National - Boxer

Radiohead - The Bends

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

Rattlesnakes - Lloyd Cole & The Commotions

Steve McQueen - Prefab Sprout

Cake and I’ve Seen Everything -Trashcan Sinatras

• Registered Users Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

The Stone Roses. Single greatest album ever. It's b-sides would top most great albums

Stevie Wonder - Innervisions

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ofthelord

Wilco - Sky Blue Sky

Deftones - Around The Fur

Smashing Pumpkins - Gish

Bjork - Debut

Been listening to a lot of my records over the last few days of crap weather and these albums in my opinion are brilliant from start to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Listened to Morning Phase by Beck for the first time in a few years. As good as I remembered and I didn't want to skip any songs. It might be my favourite album of his.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Some relatively 'recent' ones

Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace - Foo Fighters

Phobia - Breaking Benjamin

Into the Wild - Eddie Vedder

Advertisement