Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Man going around citizens arresting people

Options
  • 09-12-2021 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

There is this guy named Stephen Manning who has carried out more citizens arrests than I've gone to the toilet, Anyway, the other night the Gardai came to his house to remind him that he is due in court the following day, so he places the Gardai under citizens arrest and then phones 999 requesting more guards to come to arrest the ones already there. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=305505841444156&id=176620929151564&m_entstream_source=timeline

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JJKC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

"places the Gardai under citizens arrest and then phones 999 requesting more guards to come to arrest the ones already there"

😆 free man of the land is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Be gas to have the Gardaí trapped in their car in your driveway though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭Homer

The chap is a fully fledged tin foil hat wearing retard.. but has a surprising amount of support which I find hard to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭10-10-20

"Ahem, Attention please! Two Guards are lodged in the Manning house and two more Guards are now needed to assist."

Some time later...

"If there's another Guard and a Sergent on the island, could they please come to the Manning house where four Guards are now lodged".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

God be with the days when the Guards would just beat lumps out of an eejit like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I’m finding it harder to believe that he hasn’t been beaten to death yet. How incredibly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He doesn't. If you look at any of these fruitcake social media pages, they're chocked full of fake accounts, Americans, Brits and Australians. Out of hundreds of comments there are about ten Irish-looking names, and most of them are probably Americans.

These "brave soldiers" pick on easy targets. You won't find this gobshite out on the streets carrying out citizen's arrests on Jonno and Anto dealing drugs in plain sight. No, no, he'll do it on Gardai cos he knows they won't react, or on some poor kid working in the supermarket who's asking him to wear a mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭pgj2015

What is even more tragic is the guys who do "audits" on different sites in the UK, police stations, industrial estates etc looking for attention, how sad would you have to be to waste your time doing that? and the most worrying thing is all the comments on the videos from fellow sad cases who tell the poster what a great job they are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

ok they are normally annoying mentalists going around going 'im not touching you' 'im not touching you' im just walking past this Jewish temple with a backpack full of wires and car batteries which is perfectly legal, ... but in fairness one of them was highlighting department store security w4nkers going out onto the street and trying to drag him inside because he was filming/being a general annoyance.

but on a public street, where they have no rights (beyond citizens arrest).

i sympathize with them in a weird partial way. private facility/security services are overflowing with shams and wannabe cops.

The irony of calling the guards, on the guards, is somewhat lost on him, methinks. He kindof needs a rethink around what he is “for” and what he’s “against”, and then act accordingly. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

He probably doesn't even understsand what constitutes the ability to perform a citizens arrest, but at the same time performing a citizens arrest means you're conforming to the laws of that land, so goes completely against his freeman ideologies.

Christmas cakes have less fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I know someone who has been tracked for nearly 5 years by the Mayo police so I would be worried that there might be some substance

This guy has been totally harrassed over some kind of family feud. He has proof that his iphone was hacked with court permissions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

And there seems to be another Joe Doocey. They seem do what they want over there

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Look at the cut of the country at the moment, i don't find it hard to believe at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Just saw a clip of this elsewhere but of course this fuckhead never mentioned why they were there in the first place.

The Guards aren't paid half enough having to deal with twats like him on a daily basis, who knows how long he kept them blocked in, he should be charged with wasting Garda time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Is there any update on this guy? My understanding is that his poor wife died in hospital without any family present because he refused to follow covid guidelines, but I could be wrong on that. Has he had any luck with any of the many court cases he had on the go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Never heard of the guy before now but it's genuinely sad to see people lose the plot like that. I know there was crazy people around before the days of the internet but it has a hell of a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

3 mins into this vidyah - what the fook is the crime, citizen?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm not sure what attempting to analyse this all further here will achieve

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement