Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE repeating weather forecasts the next day on The Today Show repeats

Options
  • 09-12-2021 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭

I mentioned this before and it is still happening every day. It is actually worse now as they don't even bother with a "repeat, lines are closed" watermark on the broadcast.

As a result, this morning we have Elizabeth Coleman talking about weather warnings, Storm Barra and "tonight". Except it's actually last night's forecast.

We expect amateurish, sloppy nonsense from RTE but how does ME allow itself and its staff to be associated with this? These forecasts are always delivered by one of the meteorologists (No Nuala Carey types). Would a professional meteorologist not be appalled at this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Agreed, but what's this 'No Nuala Carey types' remark about? She's a very professional tv presenter in her own right and never claimed to be a meteorologist. A very unfair comment.

Post edited by Comhrá on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭BrianD3

She's a presenter reading off a script. I never claimed that she claimed she was a meteorologist.

Yes, she is good at what she does but her role is very different to that of a meteorologist. If Nuala was delivering yesterday's forecast today, it would be bad enough but it is much worse IMO for both ME and its meterologists to be doing this.

Audrey McGrath on RTE a few minutes ago with today's forecast today.

Elizabeth Coleman on RTE a couple of hours ago with yesterday's forecast today.

Which one is the presenter and which one is the meteorologist. If I was Elizabeth, I would be ripping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Did you contact them OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Who watches "The Today Show" on RTE, let alone a repeat of it!!!

Good point made though, for the diehards that watch/listen to it again I can see how it could cause confusion - especially when you would think that it would be an older audience tuning in.

It is something RTE should be able to edit out, or at least patch in the forecast used on RTE News Now to over-fill the slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Very very sloppy by RTÉ. The Met Éireann staff should highlight this (but shouldn't have to).

• Advertisement
Advertisement