Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rockfield in Dundrum

• 08-12-2021 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Anyone got any information on what this estate is like?

Noise from neighbouring apartments? Parking issues?

The communal gardens etc look well maintained but I guess that's reflected in the management fee!

Is it lots of short term renters or longer term/owners?

We are trying to get a feel for whether we could live there.

Also.. we'd need decent internet and what's the story on the possibility of even having car charging points in apartments? they are going to be needed at some point!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GalwayBmw

known mostly as a student accommodation a lot of apts are shared. ground swamps are source of mold and insects. on a positive side - close to balally luas you can pretty much walk to it through the carpark under rain without getting wet. I know a few people who moved to wyckham point/southmede which are much nicer estates despite of them being a bit further away from balally.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The pub's nice - my main experience of the development has been it!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GalwayBmw

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭AnnieinDundrum

They are on the other side of the road, I’m looking at The Holly. No swamps over there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I'm renting in one of The Holly apartments with my wife and 3 year old son.

The location is great. It is generally quite. No issues with neighbors. Seems to be a lot of families.

No issues with parking. Plenty of spaces available but obviously you will need a permit.

However our apartment is very cold. Huge amount of draughts which makes it difficult to heat. The landlord did rectify some of these but the heat loss is still huge. They are prone to leaks. Even in the recent management newsletter it mentions the leaks.

We are hoping to move to our new house next year and won't miss this apartment whatsoever.

If you are thinking of buying here I wouldn't recommend it based on the quality build of the apartments. That's just our experience though.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the feedback, we are looking to buy one of the top floor apartments. Interesting about the draughts as we thought the apartment was lovely and warm when we visited, maybe they put the heating on full, I would if I were selling I guess. I did wonder about the big windows!

We'd get a reserved space plus a permit with the apartment so it's good to hear there's no shortage of space.

Maybe eventually they'll solve the issue of ecars and charging.

I'd love to see the management company newsletters if you could share one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭markpb

At least in the short term, you could park in DTC overnight and charge an EV there. Parking is free 11pm to 8am (or until 10am on weekdays) and charging on level 2 is also free. You can also use the 22kW chargers on level 2M or the 50kW at Stillorgan Luas (but this is usually very busy).

Post edited by markpb on

are there ev chargers in the car park at Balallay?

Advertisement