Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Defender 90 VRT

• 08-12-2021 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Lads I'm looking at a defender 90. It's 1994 so not quite classic yet. Does anyone know what kinda VRT I'm into?? 3 seats in front & no seats or Windows in the rear.

Essentially it's no different to a Berlingo van, but since the online calculator doesn't have the vehicle, I guess I could be gambling.

Btw, it's on NI plates pre Brexit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

€200 VRT as far as I know.

passenger one would also be liable for around €5k in NoX charges, doesn’t apply to a commercial though.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Robotack

That's what I'd be thinking but then I'm hearing stories about the internal capacity being too small to constitute being a goods vehicle etc. Hard to know who to listen to. But of course they won't give a price until you present it, at which point you've bought it.

There was a situation around 10 years ago where certain SWB had to pay like 13% because of load bay length vs overall length, like old shape Pajeros (91-98 shape)

I think the rules changed in the meantime. I reckon if this was commercial from the factory that there shouldn’t be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

It's most likely going to be 13% of open market value. The 200 euro charge is only for vans

What is a van? If the Defender is category N1 then it’s a van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

200 euro and that's it.

For sure before they decided to make trade difficult.

Not so sure anymore.

Advertisement