Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Help PLEASE ADVICE

• 07-12-2021 7:57pm

Thanks for taking time. Editing to make for a focussed discussion.

I'm confused buying 2 Bed Apartment at Cul Cullie Sandyford. Apartment is 450K.

• is it over priced for the location.
    • Sandyford cubes are priced at 370K with Luas connectivity and apartment in Dundrum are at 400-420K. However, these all are old apartments.
    • Interior quality is not great. New Apartment in D14/D16 at 550K provide much better interiors. That is 100K extra though and out of range.

Problem statement is : Am I paying 70-90K extra for this apartment than existing old apartments, just because it is a new apartment, even though it comes with limited connectivity and average interiors. Is it worth it and location good enough??

I've lived all my life in APARTMENTs sand no plans to expand the family.

Thanks for your patience and appreciate your advice. Lucan is second preference given congestion issues.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Deeec

I would go for the house. Long-term a house is a better investment than an apartment. Apartments can lose value over time. House would be way nicer to live in also

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 7,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Raichu

Fact. Maybe in a few years you find the extra space handy (family etc) and just generally I’d rather a house to an apartment. I’ve lived in plenty of both over the years and just can’t be dealing with apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GalwayBmw

Cubes are in bridge of fire safety regulation rules so you'll be getting a bill for fixing it so no banks probably would land the money if you need a mortgage, also it's a "rental" type of apts - low ceilings, no privacy shoebox ken & barby house accommodation, same applies to a lot of dundrum properties, bar wyckham place/point and southmede - but you won't get your 85sqm+ for 420k not a chance. As a person living in the apts you know your onions - I'd be mostly concerned about the road noise/exhaust + total square footage/ ceiling height and the layout in general, the rest can be upgraded over time.

Thanks that is insightful. Lived in apartments like Southmede. WP ones are available at 420K+ perhaps smaller sizes.

From what I read, you are in favour of Cul Culie at 90 mtrs, 2 bed at 450K???

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭GalwayBmw

based on what I saw on the web it's a gift for 450K but as always devil is in the details. The fact that it's brand new will provide you with an extended timeframe for trading up if you need to.

• Advertisement

Advertisement