Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

schools antigen test

Options
  • 07-12-2021 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭

There is a case in my kids class, we got a message from the school with a phone number or link to order antigen kits from the HSE. I used the link late last night. Didn't get an confirmation email which is strange. Anybody order them on line and did they show up. Kind of worried the online order didn't work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Nickla

i didnt get any confirmation either but they were delivered the next day if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Thanks, just got some text messages from AnPost, I'd have to steal my phone back from my son to check them properly but I think it's the tests. Now to explain what they are to the kids. God help teachers they must be a bag of nerves with all this.

Was it OK testing your kids? How are they?

Part of me just wants' to get it over and done with from the looks of it they are going to catch it sooner or later. At the same time I don't want them to be ill this close to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Would it not be easier and quicker to buy the antigen tests and get the kids tested . Then when the HSE tests arrive then keep them for next time

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Nickla

it wasn’t too bad testing her - we both had pcr tests done before so had an idea of what to expect (for both of us the tests weren’t as scary as we imagined they would be). Her test was negative but there was a few cases in her class - of the few cases in kids that I know of the got over it fairly quick

Closed by the time I got the message, I ordered them straight away. Then a red weather warning and storm. They should arrive this morning. We have some in the house anyway but I prefer to use the HSE ones so nobody can say they were the wrong ones. I've tested myself several times and had a PCR as I had a cold last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 ConorBDeNiro

They arrived the next day. The only email I got was the email from AnPost.

She really hated being tested. She was hysterical. I think the sample I got in the end mostly consisted of tears. She's had a pcr test before and she was really good for the nurse, but she wasn't letting us come near her. I wish they could set up some sort of nurses station where they would do the antigen tests for you.

I ordered them Monday evening after hours. We had the storm yesterday they arrived today not bad.

Advertisement