Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Think I'll try catch the start of the F1 before work..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Put up the tree for the first time in at least 4 years. I always decorate the house but leave the tree so late that it’s not worth doing, only to take it down again. So this year I started with the tree 😀

it’s also drunk as I can’t work out how to straighten it… 🤔😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

No luck on the racing though live tweets indicate a mess anyway, highlights in the morning will do me..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@grem, there will be lots of highlights or low lights even.

This looked absolutely lovely this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Night owl gal

couchside, at my folk's house

Had a lovely time in Switzerland😀👍️

@Night owl gal It must have been great to catch up plus beautiful there this time of year..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What a race 😱😱😱😱😱

Im not a Max fan, Anyone but him 👍

Git to watch the highlights myself and I was entertained 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭3d4life

...Great tree Poochie

Dial Hard had the same issue over on TA :)

I am freezing, flipping uncontrollable heat and gappy doors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Aw thanks @3d4life 😀

Grem, have you tried a lap blanket? Or hot water bottle on your lap, I find it helps when you just can’t warm up. Hope the night goes quickly for you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside here, book in hand, getting ready to read a while before nodding off.

Had a great weekend of meeting and catching up with friends, one of whom recently lost his father - and an elderly couple who are former neighbours from my childhood and very close family friends who were so good to me after my mum died. 🥰

They are now both in their 80s and their health is deteriorating steadily. 😞 It was great to see them for the first time since lockdowns began and have a great conversation and reminisce, but also sad to see that they are leaving Dublin for the first time in 50 years and are going into a nursing home down in Cork, where their eldest daughter lives. The family come from North Cork and they are ready to take that step. Our time on this Earth is limited and we must make the most of it.

Night all. 😴 🛏 🌙

Bit busy at work for that, been outside loads. Feet as usual feeling it.. Temperature in office varies too. Don't mind me, i must have something to whinge about or i wouldn't know what to do with myself..

Skedaddle o clock. Calm before the storm is very pronounced to me today.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Work office, busy with reading and marking student assignments and more bloody departmental quality control/learning outcomes forms to fill out for the powers that be. The amount of red tape my colleagues and I have to work on seems to grow and grow each year...

Other than that, I'm good and classes will finish for Christmas next week. Planning to post off my first batch of Xmas cards this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

Afternoon all. I have not been on for a while as I was fed up/depressed/low/whatever you want to call it. Things are mad at work much like @JupiterKid says and I have a big presentation tomorrow which is causing me great anxiety.

Don't forget to max your power banks before the storm. Stay safe one and all!

yellow, amber and red weather warnings for you guys tonight, good luck and stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting down to watch my daily fix of tipping point and the chase.

Made alot of phone calls to government agencies that I've been forgetting.

Must have got over my bug as I'm feeling alot better today, and somewhat productive.

Now just to tidy the house :( 😞

Work trundle, storm watch later. Much tea. Stay safe everyone..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Greetings from the Red Zone. Bins put round the side of the house and Met Eireann app installed with location switched on. On stand by to transfer next door who have a wood burner in case of electricity cuts to keep Grumpy ( who is doing magnificently well) warm.

Grem, safe home bound journey tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭gifted

My missus works in college as well and she is flat out....she's never seeing anything like it before....squeezing the last ounce out of lecturers ......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,818 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Batten down the hatches folks and stay safe , especially those of you in the Danger Zone . Anyone that has to travel , be careful.

I've been asked to work tomorrow night, honestly lads, i've no crystal ball, i've to cross the river around high tide tomorrow evening, um i don't think it's a runner..

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

Campus shut tomorrow but have to give presentation from home instead.

@Gremlinertia ah please don’t work tomorrow tis savage enough out there. Anyone want a hot whiskey or hot chocolate? Sliding across….

I'll see how it goes, seems we're down to two people as options and the other person is new so i'm not sure what their awareness is..

i didn’t feel like doing much so grabbed a guiness and put Liverpool v AC Milan 2005 on

😜😜

Just sat down now, all my gang off tomorrow, I'm working all day of course, my car was totally frozen over when I finished work at 7.30pm, weird as it didn't seem very cold, unknown what weather we will have tomorrow, a bit of everything I'd say, stay safe lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It would seem I’m not in a danger zone so gather yourselves and get here and we can have a party 🎉 🎉🎉🎉🍻🍻🥂🥂🍷🍷

Grem I wouldn’t work tomorrow night if I were you, think of your safety 👍

Great News. Liverpool won !! 😋😋😋

• Advertisement

@Autosport in management speak my role is 'mission critical' so someone must be here

Advertisement