Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mercedes Service Prices

• 03-12-2021 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Our Mercedes CLA 200 is due for the first service (Service A) and apparently they would have to be done by authorised Mercedes dealers in order not to invalidate the warranty.

So far I've got prices ranging from 250 to 400 for a simple oil change and some routine inspections. Just wondering if there are cheaper options? (I'm based in Dublin but I can travel beyond if they are significantly cheaper.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭goochy

it doesnt have to be done by MB dealers once genuine parts and proper oil are used , but you would be mad to try and save a few quid by going independent.

Annesley williams are former main dealers and are service and parts dealers still , believe they are keen with pricing. Would have thought these service prices are fairly fixed across the network , are you sure dealers are not quoting for different services ?

is there nothing on MB ireland website for service quotation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sam W

Annesley Williams is the only one that didn’t give me a quote as I was told that all of their service staff are either unavailable or sick.

And yes I wouldn’t be here if pricing is available on any of the dealers website or on Merc’s own website.

What’s more ridiculous is that even in the same dealer, prices are very different for different branches. MSL charges 249 euro for services in North Dublin and 349 euro in South Dublin - yes exactly same services - I couldn’t believe what I heard and had to confirm with them 3 times…

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sligopaul

249 sounds reasonable how much cheaper were you hoping for, its a prestige brand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭User1998

€250 is decent. I think that usually includes a mini valet too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Goose81

You think that's bad, I just paid more than that to get a 1 year old BMW motorcycle first service at BMW.

Yes what people said is right about third parties using genuine parts and your warranty but if something goes wrong where they might have given you goodwill if outside the warranty you can forget about it if you had it serviced elsewhere during the warranty period.

Also, I wouldn't buy a Merc where the person didn't even get it serviced at Mercedes during the warranty period, think about when you go to sell it and what the service book shows and potential purchasers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sam W

Now I know… I had no clue how much it was going to cost, especially after seeing so big of difference between different branches of the same dealer. My other car doesn’t need servicing and my last ICE car costs half of that money for services and the cost was readily available on dealers’ websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The last place to advertise a full menu (with fixed prices) for MB services was Europa Motors in Blackrock, they sold Mazda cars but were also an authorised MB service agent and they used have a full menu of service prices - C/E/S class and 4/6/8 cylinder, all combinations priced for A and B service. The nearest you'll get nowadays is the odd special fixed price offer on the MSL website but I can't see any at the moment, check it here anyway .... https://www.msl.ie/en/mercedes-benz/offers

Terry Jackson is an independent MB service centre in Shankill, he has all the MB diagnostic gear and has been servicing classic Mercs for years, he will also do a service for a current model.

People here used to recommend Baskin on the northside, anyone care to comments about how they're doing these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭goochy

Forget independents . No dealer or individual will touch a Mercedes secondhand in a couple of years time that's virtually new and the owner decided to save a few quid and avoid the main dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭kirving

I was getting an E300 Diesel Hybrid serviced for between €170 and €180 in a main dealers and authorised service place in Galway - not much if any more expensive than any other brand tbh.

Advertisement