Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dr Brain [Apple]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'd give it science fiction cred too!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I skimmed a handful of reviews which were mixed or a bit down on it.

It's a bit creepy and wierd.. I'll give it that

1: I don't know what's going on, like

I think he's meant to be a sociopath

I don't think he killed his mother but maybe she put herself in front of the truck

I think the wife maybe faked the sons death and maybe have been riding this other dude and have had a daughter with him.. maybe

I think everything is gonna be a bit complicated and wierd because of the side effects of the brain sync if this isn't going supernatural .. in which case.. like maybe undead/ghosts/something

2: I think they're leaning into this being a science fiction show. Yes, some scary scenes but coming from the scifi.

Like the vision of the girl with the black veiney eyes effect was scary but these visions seem to be a side effect of the tech.

These two shadey dudes who stopped for the tape and pliers are the big suspects for me at the moment. Maybe just murderers or maybe part of something bigger.. a criminal child kidnapping ring or maybe a big organisation/government thing.

The cat.. that was kind of a bit.. like I was thinking ah no and having a bit of a lol but the show is leaning into it I think so fair enough, I'll give it a go.

Also just noticed as I've been typing some creepy bits towards the end of the end credits music.

3: Oh my goodness! I need to see more! That episode kinda flew by even though it was the usual 55mins.

This is turning into pretty mysterious crime/detective/science fiction kinda story!

Real fight club vibe to the private detective being the first dude he brainsync'd with.

Then there's these flashes to a mysterious looking facility... and it feels like they are talking about Koh.

Like I'm wondering if there's some experimental programme going on with him as the focus

• Advertisement

4: Really getting into the mystery detective feel. Everything feels a bit wierd.

Like were these the docs that took him as a kid? Is everything part of some big plan and cover up?

Funniest was the detective being all hauntey at first but

now getting dragged all over the place and the look of horror as Koh was digging up the grave!

5: That was really frustrating at the start

I couldn't get the cop staying silent.. not calling out for help.. letting a roar for his partner

The cat thing.. it doesn't work. I don't know how they thought they could square it but it brings a level of daft into the show that doesn't feel in-place.

Second half of the episode felt like a level of intensity more than the first.

The story with the kid, the fight at the truck, the overall plot being revealed. Something just feels so.. I'm not sure if it's wierd or horrific or 'what's going on with Korea'.. it's all a bit mad!

Finished! Overall, an exploration of brain sync science fiction combined with a detectivey mystery story. The intro to the tech and the solving of the mystery would've been the strenghts I think. A weak point with the tech during the show and in the finale, I think with:

the cat sync.. that felt daft for how the rest of this show felt. then the finale just seemed off with the big machine showdown, either a budget or story issue I would guess

6: Well that was a haunting ending! For the final battle..

I thought.. eeeeeeehhhhhh.. maybe they didn't have enough money.. or maybe they couldn't come up with a better way to do it... but either way, it felt a bit weaker than how the show had been chugging along before that.

Felt good to see him get back .. kinda.. on good terms with the wife. Freakin scary the idea he's gonna be haunted by the father doctor dude.

I'd half be guessing that they've a second season in mind to track down that bodyguard and maybe Sewon to deal with this haunting dude.. maybe even the wife.

Future: It did vaguely feel like they had another season as a maybe. This one has been a big commitment with not a huge payout so I'd probably be looking for some rock solid reviews if one did get made.

Advertisement