Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellowstone - Paramount *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A good second episode introducing a few new characters and laying out the season arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I guess last seasons cliff-hanger was a bit of damp squib. Writers dont have the conviction to kill off any of the main cast. Well apart from the seasonal bad guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

First 13 Minutes of 4.1.. Before the intro credits..

Taylor Sheridan!! Dude!!!! 😲😱😵😲

wheeeeeeeeeeewww!

alright, think I've cooled down a bit

4.1: That was Instense!

That looks on Beths face sitting there on the curb 😲

Damn, she's gonna.. well.. well I don't know.. nothing seems vicious enough

What a freaking Intense start of the season!!

Then like the episode gracefully bringing the levels back into place

But not before Rattlesnake to the Face to remind you it's still Yellowstone!

Song from the end:

Colter Wall - Plain to See Plainsman - Songs of the Plains

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Weekly and might even skip a week if big Nfl game on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

David Hale is back baby

Surprised he hasn't wrtten himself into his own show a bit more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I wish he wouldn't, as he's an average actor at best.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

It smashed viewing record for Paramount with over 8 million viewers for the opening episode up 104% for the opening episode of season 3 which had 4.2m viewers.

It was simulcast across 4 Paramount channels and in total drew close to 10m viewers live.

4.2: You know, that almost felt like a feel good episode

with the kid and all

though.. something tells me Jimmy is on the way out.. maybe permanently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Beth is such an awful, awful character. Can't stand her. She almost ruins the show at times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Agreed. I thought it was deeply ironic that they'd picked up a troublesome teenage boy, as she's honestly written like a teenager who's just discovered vulgarity. I'm all for strong females, before the sexism cards comes out, but she's a great example of a terribly written strong female.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

4.3: Well that was a bit wierd but

I guess he didn't want to feel like a coward shooting a tied up guy

Anyway.. Adios Jimmy!

Beth, Rip and the kid.. everything feeling so ominous there

4.4: Saw the title of the episode beforehand. That it was: Winning or Learning. Felt right.

I guess the names on the prison cell mates might have been important from before but.. I can't remember that fine grained into the show. That's fine though, I'm guessing I might recognise a face if one comes up.

On that spoiler.

Janie's real father was one of the names on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Feets

• Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is there a date yet for RTE showing the new series??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Loving this season. I think it was fairly obvious that Jamie's dad was involved in the hit. The question is - how will Jamie react?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭omeara1113

Was just coming here to ask was that Jamie's dad wasn't sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭SimpleDimple

Thank you! There was definitely a dun-dun-dun! moment when he looked at the list, but I didn’t get the relevance

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Terrible character ,like a cartoon villian .

The writer's don't seem to k ow what to do with her either ,she just hangs around being a **** to more or less everyone.

Hoping Jackie Weavers character puts her in her place this season.

4.5: I'm sure there was more to the episode but that was a sure-fire masterclass in face acting by Forrie J. Smith (Lloyd) in being f*cked-off in-general at the circumstances he's found himself in 😁

Aside from that, I think I vaguely remember Jamie being married and that she took off.

Wierd how they left a little maybe-ness to what yer man in the prison answered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Wow. What an opener for Season 4. I didn't have the time to pick out a film last night, so threw this on as I had been looking forward to it. Better than a lot of films out there. That said, there was some eye-rolling going on for me, worst of all

when big John came out of the house after coming home from hospital, and predictably refusing to recuperate properly- Jayce emerges from the grass like the Swamp Thing, decked out in his army camouflage, doing his vigilant Army Ranger dutiful son bit

It's all a bit OTT, but it's great entertainment. If only I had had some popcorn at hand while watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

What? She's one of the best characters imo. I love the corporate/M&A angle she brings to the show. Her relationship with Jamie is annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Imo by far the worst main character in the show.

She offers nothing really bar being kinda a panto style villian.

4.6: Get up! You ain't done!

Before going in, I saw the title of the episode was: I want to be him

I for sure thought it was going to be part of Jimmys story.

Fu*ks sake Lloyd with the fu*ken knife.

Not sure much more about the episode. Seemed to be positioning a few pieces for future episodes or just giving reminders where others were.

Coulda done a whole episode about Lloyd and Walker. A deep dive. I dunno. Maybe that's all been played out before in other shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,512 ✭✭✭billyhead

Apart from the 1st episode this season is a bit of a letdown. Jamie is such a wimp aswell. He's very vulnerable.

Some of scenery in this weeks episode was truly breathtaking.

Jimmy is a prize pick for a good looking vet 😂

Love at first site 😥

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Advertisement

4.7: Oooofff!

Damn that must have been

Beths idea!

Definitely felt like they Sunshine Cowboyed it up a good bit for some of the scenes. Especially when the

Governor was there talking to John. She'd be in regular lighting but then they switched over to him and it was all Sunshine and Cowboy poses

Advertisement