Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spider-Man: No Way Home *spoilers from post 185*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Spider-Gwen, played by Emma Stone. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

As I mentioned elsewhere, Spider-verse Gwen is voiced by Hailee Stienfeld who's in the MCU at the moment as Kate Bishop. Never made the connection until today. New clips came out for the follow up movies, released this morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's not the craziest shout. It would certainly be a proper surprise worth keeping, as opposed to the Maguire/Garfield back and forth that had been going on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Spider-Man 2099 is also voiced by Oscar Isaac who is also Moonknight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,084 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’d always be immediately suspicious of films that are apparently so full of ‘surprises’ that you have to hide them from critics. Just suggests to me (rightly or wrongly) that the film doesn’t have much going for it beyond said ‘surprises’ - surprises that’ll immediately be known after the first public screening anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Apparently, and I've not gone down the rabbit hole because who has time? Marvel and Sony have been at odds about how much of the film's cameos to spoil in promotions. The biggest being the supposed appearances or Messrs Spiderman past.

Man, if these rumours don't turn out to be true, I and others will look like some clatter of fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Opening scene which is directly after the ending from Far From Home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

There's a spoiler for Eternals in his follow up tweet purely because he's quote tweeting a film critic who spoilt a cameo in that film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Thanks for the warning. I'm just going to avoid social media and YouTube until I see the film on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Now is the time I'm cursing myself why I added so many subs on my Youtube account

• Registered Users Posts: 19,914 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Reviews seem to be solid enough.

doesn't really make any difference to me. I really enjoyed the last two Tom Holland ones, so would be going to see it either way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

If superhero movies were like this I'd totally watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Might catch a morning show tomorrow since I’m off work I hope it’s quiet and all the little brats should be in school lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

This has the potential to be the first billion dollar movie since the pandemic started. Interesting to watch its box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I'm not the biggest MCU fan, but I am seeing a lot of Spiderman NWH leaks on the frontpage of YouTube. Actual footage from a screener and even the thumbnail is a spoiler, so if you don't want spoilers stay off YouTube/Social Media for the next few days.

I'm actually shocked that these leaked videos on YouTube are still up and easily accessible. I thought Disney would be all over this...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wow **** wow that was something else

The introduction of the villains esp Doc Ock, Electro and Green Goblin was great. Lizard and Sandman were meh. A little disappointing was only 1 scene where it was the green goblin suit. Willem Defoe was excellent as always.

It was so hard not to shed tears when the other spider men came into it. Generations meeting face to face.

The film flew by and it was a great story, the multiverse thing is very confusing and I can only imagine how complicated the new doctor strange could be.

Aunt may dying was unexpected and there's a little jump when you think Tobey Mcguires Spiderman was going to be killed off

Overall great movie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Seeing this tonight, been off social media all day.. very excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

A fun love letter to my favorite superhero and a nice page in the new chapter of the MCU, but into the spider verse did it all better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Deleted. Why don't spoiler tags work anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Wow, unbelievable movie! Totally lives up to the hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No Spoilers below.

That was great. It delivered. There’s so much packed in and the best part is that the villains are used in a really clever way and doesn’t just reduce them to one dimensional bad guys.

So happy i seen it as early as possible because the internet is riddled with spoilers.

I enjoyed it, some things in particular more than others. Goblin and someone else were a highlight of the film for me.

Strange though was ooof. I was worried about his characterisation based on the trailers and it came to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So.......

Jamie foxx's comment obviously introduces the idea of miles Morales in the MCU, but is it possible we get the 3 amigos animated in across the spiderverse? Spidergwen meeting Garfield, Miles and Holland Parker as teenagers, sets up Holland 4 or young avengers......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Enjoyable movie, one of the better marvel ones.

<spoiler> test </spoiler>

meh stupid boards no spoilers from me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Yep really really enjoyed this. Saw it tonight in the big screen in santry. There was a full showing and it was a good experience watching it with so many.

Holland is very good in it I thought.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,084 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If you want to use spoilers:

On desktop: select the text you want to spoiler, click the little flag button to the left hand side of the comment box. Select the quotation marks option and then the spoiler button within that.

On mobile: select the text you want to spoiler, click the little flag option in the bottom left of the reply box, and then same as above with the quotation mark / spoiler button

Like so!

Garfield was a highlight for me. I think Sony are hacks but if they can bring him back I'm all for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really enjoyed it and it’s definitely one for the fans.

Gives closure to Peter Parker and opens the door for Myles Morales to join the MCU if Peter Parker goes back to Sony.

Also Daredevil!!

Advertisement