Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

10 day isolation

• 28-11-2021 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭

when you test positive for covid, the HSE text you and say to self isolate for 10 days. But on the HSE website it says Most people can stop self-isolating when both of these apply:

• You have had no fever for 5 days.
    • It has been 10 days since you first developed symptoms.

so what is the real answer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Anyone?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

10 days since symptoms, or longer if your fever continued past day five.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Delete. See it was answered above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

I got tested yesterday, three days after symptoms (sniffle,cold) positive result today. (magnificent service by HSE on line booking and testers )

The text I just received says ten days isolation quite clearly, but i believed the above from Li011 to be the case.

Need to convince my wife of this.

Another question, I live 200 mwtres from a by pass. can i go for an hour long cycle ,where i will NOT be within Three metres of another person

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

It shouldn't even need to be said, but no, you clearly can not go off cycling when you should be isolating at home. FML

• Advertisement

someone from the HSE rang me and said I had to isolate 10 days from first symptoms. not 10 days from when I got the text to tell me I had covid. Would you really want to for a cycle when you have covid? You arent supposed to be exercising when you have it, and after the 10 days, you can ease yourself back into exercise.

Thank you for reply pgj. Ten from start of symptoms seems right.have little wrong with me, would enjoy the cycle.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

They clearly can do that. Do you mean "should"? What's the harm? Are we back to "what if you crash and expose the paramedics to covid?"?

You are welcome. I actually felt like going for a run about 7 days in, but decided not to. I don't think it would have done me any favors. who knows.

I got a call from HSE just now re my diagnosis. Chap there says seven days from test, as I had symptoms for three days before. I explained I have little or no Ill effects, I can ride my bike,away from people. I don't push hard, I am 70years old.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

There is the, "what if you had an accident and needed help", personally I don't see why you can't go for short spin once you aren't putting anybody in danger. Just use your common sense. Glad you are OK.

Advertisement