Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An Post Mobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭deezell

Yes

Dial;

**61*your_vmail_no*11*ringtime#

your_vmail_no is your mobile number with 5 inserted after first 3 digits.

E.g, 0873362194 becomes 08753362194

ringtime is 0 to 30, 5 sec intervals.

To check your current voice mail/forwarding number and ringtime, dial *#61# . The number displayed here is your forwarding number as above. I've tried it, it works, I changed 15 seconds to 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,489 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

That super, worked perfectly. Much appreciated. Where/how do you find these things.

Can you turn voice mail off entirely.

A bit of searching and adapting the results. I can't find any specific info for Postmobile, but the codes for enabling diversion on Android are nearly universal. On some, (Vodafone), you just use 121 as the forwarding number, but for MVNOs like Postmobile, the standard divert number with the 5 should do.

I think divert OFF or disable is ##21#

I'll give that a whirl. Cheers.

CXi 2021 survey on customer service just published. Starting at the Bottom of the 150 or so list is...... Eir! No surprise there. They displace Ryanair, who move up 2 places to third worst, themselves pushed up by..... Facebook!, or META ♾ (pronounced Meta bolics) as they are now know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 hoprum22

Hi. I am a Postmobile customer and I did recently joined from Vodafone. So far the network is similar with a notable difference for higher download speeds. :)

When installing the Data settings on my iphone I noticed an unusual privacy alert on my mobile device indicating that my internet traffic may be monitored or filtered. I am wondering if you are familiar with the issue and if this may be true, taking in consideration that the setting included additional certificates.

The second question is about the fixed IP. I noticed that after restarting my mobile device the IP address stays the same, which is not the case when using Vodafone.

I did also notice that selected applications may not allow login or will take a longer time to approve the login - most likely due to historical records of "bad ip". As PM users for a longer period are you aware of periodical IP updates or the address always stays the same?

Thank you.

Does your fixed IP begin with 10? The ip address assigned to your phone is not a public ip address, it's an internal network address between you and a Vodafone data terminal device, which translates this address to its external address when requesting data from the Internet. It's not visible or reachable from the WAN. Having it vary or remain the same is of no consequence to you, as whatever ip is assigned by Vodafone is automatically translated by them when you are on the Internet.

It would not be an IP address on an historical list of 'bad' ip addresses, as the network address first byte value of '10', one of a possible 128 Class A ip network addresses, is reserved for internal network use, and can be reused thousands or millions of times on closed internal networks. Rather like the ip network addresses assigned to your devices by your router, typically 192.168.178.xxx, these are confined to your home network, and access by any external device can only occur in the context of your device making the initial connection. This connection is inherently secure, so you can receive web pages, streams, downloads etc to your device via its ip address, but not by a malicious site seeking to gain access.

PM is a MVNO operating on another's physical network. There will be different virtual layers for it's traffic compared to Vodafone traffic, and we could only begin to guess what these are in reality, I'm way behind the curve at this stage, but they would certainly have the potential to introduce delays in response, and reductions in speeds. You get what you pay for I suppose.

I note when I had to make a call outside of Ireland recently I had to add general credit. It wasn't included in the 15 plan. Is the website the only way to add it?

I'm getting better speeds and coverage than I with Three/Gomo/48. But Post Mobile could really do with a better website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hoprum22

@deezell thank you for the comprehensive and detailed response. The internal IP starts with 10.

Is it a phone or a network settings that controls how calls are handled when your on a call. On one of our phones calls when busy go straight to voicemail but we want to be able to switch to them.

Tried all the settings on the phone but seem to be having no effect.

• Advertisement

I assume you've tried the 'Call Waiting' toggle switch in the menus. On Samsung Android it's the green phone button, three vertical dots top right, Settings, More Settings (or Supplementary services/Call Waiting.

The Android keyboard code for this is *43# to activate and #43# to deactivate these should be generic. I've tried this and it replied 'call waiting activated'. The menu toggle in the settings is now greyed out.

Post edited by deezell on

Thanks that worked. It was ignoring the phone settings for some reason

Do you know the code to turn on/off Voicemail

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kranbo

Transferred recently from 48 recently - over I was happy with 48 except for the lack of roaming and phone reception/data while at home

The move to An Post Mobile was seamless and the mobile data is much improved at home. Also call answering was automatedly set up which is a bonus.

While 48 was cheaper I am more than happy with the Vodafone reception for €15 monthly I now have.

#61# unanswered divert Off

*61# back on, to the number previously registered.

##61# Off, and this deletes the voice mail number used. If you use this, you will have to include your voicemail no. In the command to restore voicemail

**61*your_vmail_no#

To include ring time before voice mail

**61*your_vmail_no*11*ringtime#

Ringtime 5 to 30 sec max (most networks), increments of 5.

You can use any no to divert to, another phone say. If you set this up with a single *, say

*61*wifes-phone#

She will get your unanswered calls, but when you cancel it with #61#, then restore with *61#, divert will revert back to the Registered voice mail no previously stored using **61*your_vmail_no#

Two * registers the number following it.

There are lots of codes other than 61 for all the other types of divert, here's a table;

Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Sorry if this has been asked before but does Post Mobile allow you to top up your phone at the post office, similar to how you can top up PAYG Tesco mobile or similar?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rye_212

I googled on boards.ie with this exact question, thanks so much to @Flinty997 for raising the query and to you for answering. Its bad that AnPost don't provide this info on their website, I dread to think how long I would be on the phone to customer service waiting.

Are those codes for the network, or for the device. The device my AnPost simcard is in is not iPHone or Android, its a chineese-made yoke. it can do calls and texts. Will those codes work on my device?

For the network afaik, call diversion and "out of reach' for example, would happen at the network when your phone is off. They're a universal standard afaik, adopted by most carriers. Phones could have settings menu items which achieve the same thing, they never seem to work though. Try some out, and see what return response you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Glaceon

These codes would be standard across all networks. So yes, they should work on any phone. Some networks may not fully implement them though, for example I remember (back in the day) that O2 prepay wouldn't allow you to disable voicemail diverts entirely.

• Advertisement

One thing I could never manage to remember, mobile or work phone, was which key to press to switch to a waiting call. Every time, fumble, fumble, look for my glasses, etc, till I'd end up losing both calls.

These codes worked for my phone but not on a Chinese phone I also tired it on. I manage to turn off call waiting, and voice mail. I had to get on to support to resolve everything. Which in fairness they were helpful with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AnnCCFE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Today I discovered An Post Mobile doesn't allow you send an SMS to a 5-digit number. I was trying to enter a competition on Newstalk Radio and discovered I couldn't send a text to 57599.

I phones An Post Support (which is pretty good by the way) and I was told that Vodafone haven't given them this facility, so far. Just something to be aware of.

Did you have cash credit on your account? Those numbers have a hefty fee, Anpost is a prepay service. Having said that, no harm that you can't, if you're maintaining the phone for a child.

Yes, I phoned them yesterday and they told me to do a once off top-up which I did (€10) but I still couldn't text to a 5-digit number.

I phoned support again this morning, and they told me that facility wasn't available, but that it may be in the future.

Not maintaining the phone for a child.... I was trying to enter a competition on Newstalk Radio.

Funny how they got you to top up first. I think there was a discussion on here about bonus credit they once gave, but you couldn't spend it in anything. Add another fiver and it will top up your next months allowances.

Yes, I might as well put in a fiver and have a month in hand. Pity the person I spoke to on day one, wasn't able to give me more accurate advice re the shortcomings of their offering.

Free first month offer is back, (though it hadn't gone away, you know).

• Advertisement

First time abroad since moving to post mobile, I assumed I would need a cash topup to cover calls to local (non Irish) numbers, mobile or landline. Amazingly, not so. I could call hotel, etc, on my Irish credit, though these are international calls when at home requiring top up and per minute charges.. So my credit was good for roaming calls to Ireland, and local calls also. Makes sense really, as I was connected to Vodafone NL.

Advertisement