Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

its an introductory offer only, €29.99 for 6 months and then back up to full whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭clohamon

This man seems to be made for politics and sponsorship.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40752114.html

Conor McManus: 'Every team in the country was probably training. We were one of that got caught'

The three-time All-Star ultimately believes that breaking the GAA’s Covid-19 regulations by training collectively last spring will go down as just another oddity in a “mad, crazy time”.

“We all got back to some form of normality in our lives in the last number of weeks and months, there was a full championship played out, there were 40 or 50,000 in Croke Park,” said McManus, speaking at an event to promote Imagine Broadband’s high-speed broadband network.

The Irish Examiner adds....

- Conor McManus was speaking courtesy of Imagine Broadband. Supporting the national broadband plan, Imagine continue to rapidly expand its high-speed broadband network, prioritising the 200,000 rural homes that are currently facing significant broadband delays — check your coverage at imagine.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

Would anyone know if I could reuse the external antenna that imagine use ? It’s still up on a pole outside and I’m using a 4g modem at present with a sim . I asked at the time for imagine to organise taking away equipment but they never followed up afterwards.

I don’t know if the antenna needs power and that’s why it’s a rj45 for poe power .

it has a rj45 at end of cable ,would need a ts9 connection, had a quick google and with a few different adapters I could get to a ts9 but would I be wasting my time if the unit needs power ?

any thoughts much appreciated, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

It is not just external antenna, it is external modem with the SIM card in it.

ps. No , you can’t use your own SIM card with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

How strict are they on the 1TB data allowance? Seems very little for a full month? Thinking of signing up but I work from home 5 days a week and throttling the service would make it impossible.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Very.

It's 1TB of peak traffic. Any usage between 1am and 7am isn't counted towards the total.

If you go over 700Gb they send you a snotty/threatening email. If you break the 1TB limit twice, on the second time you are permanently limited to 1Mb/s , forever.

No post in nearly 3 weeks ?

Not working or barely working for me tonight anyway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Perhaps a lot of Imagine customers have moved onto FTTH or Starlink. This thread is noticeably quieter since Starlink went live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mossie

Probably a lot to do with the boards.ie update too. Most forums / threads have lost a lot of users since that.

• Advertisement

Starlink tempts me

Must read the relevant thread

Service back this morning

Anyone having issues with Imagine tonight? Constantly dropping connection for me when watching Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sok2005

Anyone in Cork area having an issue with their broadband? Mines been off all morning, looks like it's not connecting to the mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I've been waiting a long time to post this, digiweb are connecting me next week. How do I go about cancelling imagine?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Just call them and cancel - Assuming you are out of contract you need to give them 30 days notice (one billing cycle) so you'll have one more bill potentially.

Not sure if they come to retrieve the kit, but expect that they probably do at some stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

In today's Sunday Indo, Sean Bolger, Imagine CEO, is stepping down. He remains as a shareholder and non-exec director.

According to the article, Bolger, 57, is stepping down for personal reasons.

Interim CEO will be Steven Cast, from Brookfield, Imagine's majority shareholder.

Imagine is down for me tonight

Common problem on a Saturday night....

• Registered Users Posts: 15 christianhughes

Has anyone had any luck bridging a second wireless modem (TP Link Archer VR400 in my case) to their Imagine Router (Gemtek wvrtm-130acn)?

I've used my TP Link router with both the standard Vodafone router and the standard Eir router without too much issue. So, when Imagine sales guy (I know?!?) and the installation guys both said that customers have no issue bridging a second modem I assumed all would be ok.

Setup TP Link router as I've done in the past (Bridge mode, turn off DHCP, set IP to one not being used by the Gemtek). Set Gemtek to start assigning IP from 15.10 and used 15.2 for the TP Link IP.

Whether the Gemtek is in Bridge Mode (which you annoyingly have to phone up and ask for) or not, no internet gets to the TP Link (Cat5 is used to connect them).

Feel like I'm missing something simple but as you're so restricted in what you can do with the Gemtek, I just don't know.

Any help or experience anyone has would be brilliant. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Any of your routers/access points should be easily able to become a DHCP server, no need for bridge mode at all. Try to disable DHCP in gemtek, enable in tplink, make sure static IPs are outside of the DHCP range (I'm pretty sure you know it already) and try that way.

Edit: 192.168.15.2 is a static IP of the aerial unit. So before you try what I wrote above, just change tplink's IP to, for example, 192.168.15.9

Ah I had no idea 15.2 was the roof unit. That may be the issue right there.

The TP unit has to be in bridge mode as far as I am aware or it requires ISP information to be entered, which I obviously won't be doing.

I'll try having the TP do the DHCP work and turn it off on the Imagine unit and see if it helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,575 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There can't be anything more snarky than imagines data usage warnings. Your no where near reaching your monthly link but they send out these abysmal snarky warnings with threats to cut off. And their average user only uses 5mb over a month.

Piss off!

Post edited by listermint on

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

They've gotten worse over time on this front. Any single day of high usage and they're straight onto threatening to cut you off. Long for the day NBI saves us from this company.

Alas, no joy with any attempts to connect the devices.

Just kinda given up now and back to having a dead spot in the house. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

^^ Strange one. It MUST work if set up properly. Try this:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/156305

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Are imagine still throttling after 20GB usage per day ? I can't see anything about it on the terms and conditions now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭rodge123

Anyone having issues in Cappagh north Kildare mast last night and this morning?

sevive is basically unusable and just love that no support lines open till 9am and I’m trying to get online to work from home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭rodge123

Figured out myself, looks like uploading a large file causing while network crawl…very frustrating.

Yeah, that's caused issues for me in the past. Uploading seems to cause the whole system to over load.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

On any connection, filling the upload pipe to capacity will hurt downloads. If you need to keep your connection usable while uploading, you'll need to find a way to restrict the upload speed to less than your connection's upload capacity.

• Advertisement

Yeah, those are literally the exact steps I followed but no internet reaches the AP. I just assumed it was Imagine's router preventing it somehow. I've had no issue doing this with Eir or Vodafone.

Advertisement