Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best car on your road

• 01-12-2021 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭

Just similar to reading a comment from another poster. Whats the best car one of your neighbours drive that you'd like.

If i could have one my neighbours cars "from not a great selection" it would be a Bmw 6 series saloon grand coupe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

The standards are pretty low on my road. The best car is my 192 Nissan Leaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭passatman86

Hay, i didnt give that as an option lol

"picking your own car"

Well its nice to be able to say it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Not literally on my road but there's an R8 around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭[Steve]

Chap couple doors up has a 202 BMW X5 MSport. Looks the part but I can’t imagine it’s cheap to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Best? hmm... there's a Silvia laid up in a driveway not moving. Might be best in someones books.

In terms of spec, performance etc. one has a BMW 330e - that's probably the height of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Neighbour has a 1974 Range Rover in perfect condition, in burnt orange with a brown interior, as was the fashion back then. But it's usually garaged about 3km away. Everything else is a silver/grey Qashqai or Hyundai Tucson or RAV 4.

I'll be moving after Christmas.

SQ5 up the road here

Is the silvia the blue/navy colour s15 by any chance

Red, well... pinkish at this point. There's another similar car in another part of my estate.

Not sure if Silvia or what, I didn't get a good look at it. I'm not too up on them.

No bother, ive seen a laid up silvia a few times now - not moved in ages.

Different one so

• Advertisement

This one can't be there more than maybe 18 months. The other car maybe 2-3 years max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Crazy petrolhead selection on my road. 1 x 2002 Audi S8, 1 x 2000 Audi S3 (same house). 1x mid-00’s CL55 AMG. 1 x Alfa 146 Cloverleaf. 1 x BMW 530e. 2 x BMW i3s’s. 1 x BMW 635csi. 1 x 1978 Mercedes 280SE. 1 x BMW iX3. There’s only around 30 houses and they’re all ordinary enough bungalows. Must be something in the water….

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Mercedes G Wagon 2021 reg and an Aston Martin on UK plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A 2013 7 Series would be my choice if a large loaded gun was put to my head looking for a choice, only thing I'd be arsed with, lots of stuff nearly new but little or none of it over 200bhp and most are basic poverty spec as regards options, cloth seats etc. In the 90's around me was awash with petrol heads, easily 10 cars from then I would take over the stuff from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭goochy

08 m3 I live in split level apt. Block a few floors down and hear it's roar in the morning . There is a Peugeot Rcz also surprised they never took off . Fine looking car - badge I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 38 viewer

A green Porsche taycan.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Road is mostly old people with conservative car tastes. So I'd probably have to go for the Volvo P1800. Same owner has a Saab 96 v4 (four stroke).

Both could do with a bit of bodywork resto but are running and used in summer. He has a more normal car too

Id admittedly say the rcz looks great but its probably the badge for most people

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

212 Porsche 911

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Cx5

Mazda 3

Kia Xceed

CRV

HRV

Golf

CRV

Connect

Christ.

Think I'd have the connect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Ljmscooter

Guy over the road often brings home a unimog from work. I love it. He also has a black g wagon .

The rest of the road are mainly taxis in the form of skodas and avensii

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Audi S6 or an F36 435d sapphire blue over tan which I quite like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Ford Fiesta

🙈🙉🙊

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Saab was out parked on the road tonight so its not just summer he runs them in!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

If I could choose one of my neighbour's cars I'd probably choose shooting my leg instead. All Hyundai, Kia and slow uninspiring cars.

There is a yellow 2007 GT3 911 down the road from my brothers house, would love to take it out for a nice relaxing slow drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

02 Impreza STI in my last estate. Also a LHD JCW MINI, a 2011 IIRC.

130 houses in the estate and that was all that was interesting. Everything else was white goods.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

The family I park beside is a Porshe house, She has a Macan, His is a 911 GT3. Bought it for 125k, 4 weeks later they offered to buy it back at 250k.

Was saying you can't just get on the list for a GT3, Hes had to buy a new 911 & hers each year for 5 years before his dealer would allow him to get on the list for a GT3. His winter car is a Honda e...

The other side is a RS4 Avant as she had a baby 6 months ago and the V8 RS7 had to go.... But at least her new one has the same V8 roar when its started.. Absolute legends.

The thing is we live in a **** hole area but they do have alright jobs. All on PCP I'm sure....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭black & white

Best is a Mercedes CLS 220D, second is Audi Q2.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

All on the proceeds of crime I'm sure.

Can't see Volkswagen Bank offering a PCP on an RS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I used to have a neighbor who worked with classic cars in some capacity. Rally spec Mini Cooper, Ferrari Dino, old 911, all just casually parked on the kerb.

Advertisement