Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Raising Dion - Netflix - (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 18-09-2019 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭

A Superhero Origin story starring Michael B. Jordan & Jason Ritter.

Drops October 4th,
    A young boy struggling to control his newfound powers. A single mom fighting the odds to keep her son safe. Secrets, conspiracies, mysteries, all dangerously swarming around one family

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

1: OK, I got thrown at the start when she loses her job and it looks like they are stuck for money. That's sorted later in the episode when they own a log cabin.

Decent opening. Intro to the local area, some backstory, some powers, then the WTF towards the end.
    I'm guessing the rain people are some kind of time travel/portal thing.

2: OK!

1. This kid! I mean like.. chill kid.. for like .. a second!
    2. Pat and Mark.. 90% sure at this stage that Mark was/is a Super and Pat was/is his tech/sidekick person.
    3. Mind Mover is a pretty cool name and the underlying costume design the kid has come up with aint bad

Every so often I think the show might be about to get a bit weak but they seem to keep pulling it back

3: That was good one.

Real family connection episode with the watch from his father and having to have the talk with his mother.

I'm guessing there's one being in the storm who accidentally shared out some power energy but now wants it back.
    I still think Pat might have known about the father having powers

4: Was cool to see yer man from Alabama. Not sure we'll be seeing him again.

Now leaning towards thinking that Pat didn't know the father had powers.

5: Alright, he's being a real jerk to Esperanza tbf

Now guessing the storm creature has kinda got the powered people trapped inside it .. something like the how the Ghostbusters vault worked.

• Advertisement

6: Uh oh!

hrmmm... wondering about Pat now.. could he become a baddie further down the line?

The drone looked like a bit like the probe Droid in Empire Strikes Back

7: Right so, Brayden looks like he could be another baddie down the line if they don't go back and bring him into the group.

Looks like the finale is leading up to a Battle in Biona. Not sure if the lightning baddie is gonna turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just finished it there, defintely leaves it open for a second season.

8: I did not see that coming!

Slydice wrote: »
    8: I did not see that coming!

Neither did i

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Renewed for a 2nd season.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,975 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rome Flynn, Aubriana Davis, Tracey Bonner and Josh Ventura join the cast

Season 2 coming February 1st

I .. wierdly .. can remember some vague details after 2 years. Not bad show!

Probably still gonna need some recap.

Hopefully they release a recap video like what they did for Locke and Key. I'm the same, I can remember a bit but not much

out today,

Here's a recap of Season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

This is something I find annoying about Netflix.

they don’t promote anything new on the app this isn’t even on the list of recently added.

I really enjoyed the first season.

they nicely balanced the characters and the superhero story and Pat being the Crooked Man? I did not see that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

I had been wondering if it was cancelled or stuck in development but maybe the gap was deliberate because the story needs Dion to be older.

Advertisement