Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to Buy a Nose/Mouth Shield in a Limerick Retailer

• 01-12-2021 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where I can get a transparent nose/mouth shield in Limerick? Like the one in the image below.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Looks much more comfortable to any other mask out there. I was looking at that when all masking started but closest to any info I got was when one shop assistant told me they got them from company when I asked him where I can get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Completely useless against COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭patnor1011

As is majority of cloth masks currently worn by public every day. If it comply with "guidance" then it is all that matters.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It doesn't comply with guidance. Nose is uncovered.

The normal shields are useless too and guidance should be changed to exclude them. They were recommended for aerosol transmission

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Whatever someone's position on the value of masks, those "shields" are like wearing a condom on your big toe to prevent pregnancy and the clap. Pointless.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Well, people will definitely stay six feet away from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Wear it in the rain, and it'll direct the raindrops into your mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭pprendeville

huntershield.ie for anyone interested God bless them. Last time I checked CO2 was bad for the planet blah blah blahh. Surely it cant be too good to be breathing a lot of it back in again with the help of a cloth mask.

Green party will be pushing masks for cows arses next.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You have found your answer OP

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement