Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfing Bargain Alerts

• 24-09-2021 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if there’s a thread for this currently, but no harm having one if their isn’t. I suppose it could be used for Apparel, Course Green Fees/Comps, Golf Clubs etc

Currently, McGuirks has a pretty decent 15% off all non-custom fit Drivers, Woods, Hybrids and Utilities.

Similarly, they have 15% off all bags and shoes over Ryder Cup weekend.

Halpenny doing exactly the same - 15% off the same items

Just as an aside, it must be sales like this that really hurt smaller shops/Pro Shops who likely can’t afford to do those types of sales.

*there’s a very good bargains thread of Reddit’s Golf page daily but it’s generally far more US focused.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Callaway Certified pre-owned are doing 30% off wedges and putters.

Mack Daddy 4 58* wedges from £48

The discount applies when you add item to your cart.

Not a huge selection available but might suit somebody.

EDIT: I just noticed it says "shipping to europe is temporarily suspended."

Still, it might be one to keep an eye on for the future. Or still might suit if you have a relative living in the UK or are living there yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

They definitely used to ship here because I ordered a club off them as did several others I know, I think it was €10 for delivery. There was a thread on here about it as well. Weird that they sent out that email and have suspended shipping. I'm nearly sure my order shipped from Germany as well which is even stranger.

Garmin are having a bit of a sale at the minute.

The S12 is at €149 with free shipping. I'm nabbing one of these myself.

There are a couple more deals on the fenix 6 and the S42 bundle etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

The callaway preowned website doing an extra 30% discount on a lot of their stuff at the moment too

They're still only shipping to the UK as far as I know. A real shame as they have some good deals and from what I've heard, a lot of their stuff is practically new.

• Advertisement

Yeah, i thought they were due to launch an EU site too.

You could work it through AdressPal, but would have to take the hit on VAT

Some black Friday deals on at the moment. Clubhouse the pick of the bunch for me and I treated myself to a toulon design putter. Great price on TP5s too;

Clubhouse:

Snainton (seem to have a minimum spend to get delivery to Ireland which is crap)

https://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/black-friday

McGuirks; (nothing great here IMO)

Duck Hook

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Picked up a few clothing bits from CloubhouseGolf. Ordered two days ago arrived this morning.

Was looking around for any potential black friday deals (Being on golf hiatus a few years but coming back in New Year) and didn't seem to anything great to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Such is the demand for Golf product at the moment that the largest retailers are barely even doing sales, leading the way with token discounts of 10% off stock that they’re likely only delighted to be rid of!

Yeah the discounts are fairly bad across the board though there are some genuine deals on clubhouse IMO. €290 for a toulon design putter is very good, TP5s for €37 is also as cheap as I've ever seen them. Good value on Cleveland wedges on older irons as well. Other places the value seems to be in clothes and shoes mainly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭willabur

12 bridgestone B XS for 29 euro is a good deal in any mans language

clubhouse golf

• Registered Users Posts: 13 derambo

That putter looks great. Are you not worried though that you won’t like the feel of it once you get it or have you tested it out somewhere?

Lucky enough to play with a guy who has two Toulon putters so know what to expect. Always a risk with a new putter that I won’t get on with it but even going into a shop and trying them out doesn’t give an accurate read on what it’s like on a real green with a decent ball IMO. If I don’t get on with it I’ll move it on but it’s a face balanced 7 so I think it should be fine. Will be hard to knock the spider out of the bag all the same.

A few more deals that might interest people

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

Yeah you only pay the price you see on the site, no hidden charges. Ordered Thursday 25th, delivered yesterday. Quicker than my last couple of orders but very impressed with that delivery time. Club is lovely too.

Galvin Green have a sale on at the moment on their site. They don't often do sales (for example they close their online shop completely around black friday/thanksgiving as far as I know)

So if you're looking to invest in some high quality rain gear might be a good opportunity to take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭blue note

Duck hook have 50% off everything at the moment. They're changing their name to kwack. Crap name change if I'm honest. I'm not mad on misspelled words as company names. Plus it has nothing to do with golf.

I do like the polo I got from them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,091 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

What's the sizing like on them, from the size guide it looks like it might be best to size up?

Agree re name change!

WTF is with the name change? So unmarketable - Like the above said - Misspellings although sometimes funny, don't work well.

• Advertisement

I'm a medium in most things and a medium with them too.

I'd be similar, medium was fine for me. For the tops I bought I would have said they're a big medium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭coillcam

It was on their Instagram stories recently that the feedback they got within the industry (pros in particular) was negative regarding the name. Pros are a superstitious bunch and the name didn't particularly sit well. I'd imagine that if the brand name was Shank, Chunk, or Thinned It then the feedback would have been the same.

Obviously, the business is still relatively young and it shouldn't hurt them at all. I'd suspect they ultimately have plans on growing the brand internationally. They'll need some known pros or celebs to push that on, the new name would be an easier sell in that regard.

I’d disagree on it not hurting them. Can hurt expansion having a non-transferable name. Good luck to them though.

What they had going for them was their polo's were nice, the logo was nice and the name was kind of cool. They're losing one of their selling points. What the hell has knack got to do with golf? What makes it a better name than woof, meow or heehaw?

Edit: I clicked to edit the post to correct my phone autocorrecting kwack to knack. But maybe it's more appropriate to leave the autocorrected word there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

My experience was the opposite, seems like their sizing runs a half size small. I'm normally size large in most brands but went with extra large in polo and a jumper they're just about right. Large would've been tight fit for me I reckon.

Anyway name change was probably needed for expansion as others have mentioned but I find it hard to believe they couldn't come up with something better than kwack. I'm guessing they went with that in order to keep the logo relevant and not have to change that as well.

Looks to be some decent bargains around the place tied in to Balck Friday/November

For those looking for golf shoes you can get a decent discount on Ecco gear in their sale. Really great quality stuff, so worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,367 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm hearing a lot of people complaining about Ecco golf shoes. They say the standard has dropped and their new stuff isn't nearly as good lately.

Amazon have some decent Black Friday deals going at the minute if you do a bit of hunting around.

One that jumped out at me was this Callaway stand bag at 50% off. Looks like great value at about €80 with free prime delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

It's been a year since there has been any action on this thread so here's my contribution to get things going again!

It'd be great to see some bargains being shared with fellow cash strapped golfers!

Advertisement